Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

british home guard insignia

Article about: I picked these up yesterday in a local collectables shop, they are for the local west riding 32 skipton platoon. the platoon insignia appears to be woven and the shoulder titles printed. don

jwp
    ?

Default british home guard insignia

I picked these up yesterday in a local collectables shop, they are for the local west riding 32 skipton platoon. the platoon insignia appears to be woven and the shoulder titles printed. don't know much about spotting real insignia so any thoughts from the experts out there most welcome, hope they are ok as its nice to get something with a local connection !,
    many thanks, john.british home guard insigniabritish home guard insigniabritish home guard insigniabritish home guard insigniabritish home guard insignia

Hi John, the printed titles are conventional. The formation signs less so, but they look ok to me. I like the look of them.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jwp
    ?

many thanks indeed Ade,
    cheers, john.

?

The numbers look like standadrd issue ones which have been stiched over to improve the look. This was not uncommon in the army with formation signs. I have a few 43rd Division printed examples with similar work.

Is there any sign of the original blue stenciling beneath?

jwp
    ?

Quote by M1910 View Post
    The numbers look like standadrd issue ones which have been stiched over to improve the look. This was not uncommon in the army with formation signs. I have a few 43rd Division printed examples with similar work.

many thanks, I will have a closer look when I get home this afternoon,
    cheers,
    John.

jwp
    ?

Here is an example of the insignia displayed on a greatcoat on show in our local museum. this appears to be stitched as well, will have to check it out.british home guard insignia

jwp
    ?

british home guard insignia
    Quote by M1910 View Post

I think you are spot on ! I can make out some darker lettering under the stiching,
    many thanks,
    John.