Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British I.D tag assistance reqired

Article about: Ive allways been able to help my self with dog tag id as they are usually self explanitary,but the S/SC could mean anything,has anyone got a definitive answer or a resource to help,thanks Co

Default British I.D tag assistance reqired

Ive allways been able to help my self with dog tag id as they are usually self explanitary,but the S/SC could mean anything,has anyone got a definitive answer or a resource to help,thanks Colin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British I.D tag assistance reqired   British I.D tag assistance reqired  

British I.D tag assistance reqired  

NCA
    ?

I'm seeing C/SC....Prehaps Catholic and then his Regiment abbreviated?

Secular Clergy??

Interesting, my Grandad's dog tags have C O E (Church of England), serial no. & surname & initials in the same spot, 'Clergy/ Scottish Church', maybe ?

Congregatio Sanctae Crucis? (Fathers and Brothers of the Holy Cross). I have no idea really, but that's my offering! Leon.

Quote by NCA View Post
    I'm seeing C/SC....Prehaps Catholic and then his Regiment abbreviated?

Secular Clergy??
    I thought the catholic bit but unless im readin scots guards instead of SC i dont know,its rumoured he was GHQ liason
    Attached Images Attached Images British I.D tag assistance reqired 

?

Quote by wrecker View Post
    I thought the catholic bit but unless im readin scots guards instead of SC i dont know,its rumoured he was GHQ liason
    The number 932556 (if I'm reading it correctly) suggests he was RA Field, Coastal and Anti Aircraft. As for the religion I'd have a guess at Church of Scotland. Sc for Scotland instead of just S? But it's really only a guess.

Tony

Sounds good Tony,lets see if anyone can back it up.

Heres the rest of hiBritish I.D tag assistance reqireds badges

Quote by ynot View Post
    The number 932556 (if I'm reading it correctly) suggests he was RA Field, Coastal and Anti Aircraft. As for the religion I'd have a guess at Church of Scotland. Sc for Scotland instead of just S? But it's really only a guess.

Tony
    It appears from reading various forums that ww1 tags were SC for church of scotland and PRES covered church of scotland in ww2 so im still none the wiser

?

I have at least one tag with P or Pres. which is WWI. If I can find it I'll add a pic. I personally think a lot would have depended on the bloke stamping them, the soldier himself or some kind of official department.

Whenever I've shown anyone my father-in-law's tag it's immediately brushed off as a fake because it doesn't conform to what's known or shown in books, but it was his official issue tag, he wore it and the details on it match those in his pay book.

Tony

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast