Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Can anybody help me identify this ring?

Article about: Hey guys i have been asked by a friend of mine to see if anybody can help him with this ring, it shows a propeller and wings so its from some sort of aviation organisation, any information w

Default Can anybody help me identify this ring?

Hey guys i have been asked by a friend of mine to see if anybody can help him with this ring, it shows a propeller and wings so its from some sort of aviation organisation, any information would be gratefully appreciated...
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anybody help me identify this ring?   Can anybody help me identify this ring?  

Default Re: Can anybody help me identify this ring?

this is very similar just a bit "flashier"
    Can anybody help me identify this ring?

in my eyes the ring you show i think its a standard ring thats had the emblem put on doesn't look like a jeweler made it too crude

Ah thanks Tom, do you have any other information about it please?
    Thanks, Glen.

USAAC/USAAF.

I like it.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: Moved the thread to the correct forum.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ah ok thanks, i have been told that this ring is silver, so when does it date to then and how much do you think it could be worth bearing in mind the scrap value is around about £5...
    Thanks, Glen.

Certainly looks like silver and it has a really nice patina to it. Well worth paying a fiver for it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

This is a fairly common WWII US Army Air Corps ring. Not an authorized GI item but something someone would buy to show they were in the Army Air Corps or Army Air Force. I see them often for about $20.00. Looks nice in a collection but not real valuable.

Burt

Thanks alot Burt, i totally agree with you there... a nice looking item at a good price =)
    Thanks, Glen.

wow then the ring i posted is a bit of a rip off.......lol U.S. Air Force Ring - Sterling Silver | Joy Jewelers