MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Can anyone help i.d. These ww2 bomber patches?

Article about: Hi Eric, and Everyone on this site I know it's been quite some time, but I haven't forgotten that I had promised you that if I ever found out the ID of the patches that I had, that I'd be su

Default Re: Can anyone help i.d. These ww2 bomber patches?

Johnny, Thanks for your reply and info. I have to add that these patches were among a stack of "official" type paperwork,,,some including detailed kills by pilots and 1 particular name is in much of the paperwork. Capt. Lionel B. Potter, One paper shows where he was issued a B-24D plane and is red stamped secret. I looked him up on the net and find 5th air force, 90th bomb squad, 320th group,, maybe associated with Jolley Roger ( Moby Dick) Maybe with your expertise, this may be of some help to narrow down where these patches originate. I believe that since I have gotten these patches on this site and a cpl others, There are many people now interested in finding the Bomber Group. designation/insignia. Thanks again for all your valuable info and please let me know if you come up with more.
    Sincerely,,,Mike

Glad to help when I can, I will try thr 90th BG site/s and see what they say about this one, you should also try and contact them with the photo, they could post it on thier site, or may know what "Squadron" it could belong to, let me know if/when you ever find something on it and I'll be sure to do the same !!!!!!!!!
    Johnny

I'll definitely give that a try. I have to figure out where to go 1st, that will take me some research to find the correct site (I think) I will definitely post what I find on here for everyone interested!! I'll definitely add you to my ongoing list of people who have show their interested so as to notify everybody. Thanks,,,,Mike

Hi all, Just trying to Re-Hash These Patches I have again. I still haven't had any ID on these and would like to enlist your help. Please reply with any opinions. Much appreciated...Mike

I know a guy that is a bit of an aviation historian and likes to dig stuff up, I'm going to pass the photos on to him, maybe he will be of some help.

Russ

Hi Russ,
    Thank you for the help! I appreciate every idea that anyone can help out with as I have been trying to figure these out for several years now. There are so many others that have & still are helping to id this pair. Everyone tells me they seem to be very elusive! Thanks again

-Mike

Mike, I already got a reply back from my buddy and he says this patch design is very interesting however, not one he is familiar with. Sorry he could not be of any help. Good luck with your continued quest.

Russ

7 MONTHS later and I still wish you luck as I said back then and I still dont know!!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hi Russ, Thanks again so much for forwarding the pics to your friend for me.

-Mike

Hi Eric, Thanks a bunch for all the checking you've done & also for the good luck on ID'n them. If I ever find out, I will for sure post all my findings.

-Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast