Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

can anyone identify these badges ?

Article about: Hi I came across these badges in a box belonging to my grandfather and i am looking for some information regarding them. Can anyone help? The first bage has the words we are combined on it.

Default can anyone identify these badges ?

Hi
    I came across these badges in a box belonging to my grandfather and i am looking for some information regarding them.
    Can anyone help? The first bage has the words we are combined on it.
    Thankscan anyone identify these badges ?can anyone identify these badges ?can anyone identify these badges ?

Default Re: can anyone identify these badges ?

The second one is a British Royal Artillery cap badge, WW1/WW2. The bottom one is a Lancashire Fusiliers cap badge or collar badge, hard to tell the scale.

The top one I don't know, maybe Finnish from the colours?

The EGYPT badge is a Lancashire Fusiliers officer's collar badge, the cap badge is completely different. The UBIQUE one is Royal Artillery, as mentioned, although interesting as it has both lugs and slider attachment. Can we see the back of it? I have a feeling it might be a smaller 1950s beret badge (by the proportions), but it's hard to tell without some point of reference for size.

The EDJAC badge is, I would guess, some sort of club membership badge. I would guess also that it is Scottish in origin and has something to do with agruculture. The EDJAC probably stands for East Dumfries Junior Agriculture Club or something similar...

Rob

I prefer the Scottish connection to my Finnish idea. I thought the EDJAC was a word, rather than an acronym.

i believe "Edjac" is a surname.

could be an individual family, or a company. hard to say.

this might explain the motto as well, "We Are Combined".

just a thought.

Thanks for the replies. I'v no idea what the EDJAC badge is. It probably is a club badge of some sort.
    Anyway here is a photo of the back of the Royal Artillery one and a photo of the Fusiliers one to some sort of scaleAttachment 361792Attachment 361793