Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Can you identify this patch?

Article about: This patch is from my father's box of WWII items. There may be some clues in this description. He arrived in Australia in the Fall of 1942. He was at Warwick Farms/Camp Warwick near Sydney a

Thanks Rich

Now the 167th FA Bn (105mm How Trac-D) was activated feb 1942 at Ft Lewis Washington (from assets 2nd Bn 146th FA).

Hard case mate there's a Washington connection again!!

By the way you have an interesting career 6th Infantry was one of the top units and at the height of the Cold War.

Would you have worn a Tab over Berlin Brigade. I know the 6th had some ie 6th Drill Team Inf. albeit unofficial and only locally authorized.

I have a few Berlin Brigade patches but mainly 50's -mid 60's but no 6th Inf. Tab

Phill

Attachment 934531

B36
    ?

Hi Phill, it's snowing hard here in Michigan so I plan on searching the Washington National Guard this weekend. I noticed a CMP forum member I know posted on the Washington National Guard Museum's Face Book page. He is a Washington State resident. I think I will contact him today.
    The Berlin patch you posted is the one we wore. Berlin was an interesting place. A lot of history there. I never thought I would see that wall come down in my life time.
    Rich.

Just to add to the comments above; I really don't think the patch at the top of this thread is military at all. Much more likely a club, school or similar IMO.

Off topic I know but as Phil and Rich above have mentioned it here are a couple of Berlin souvenirs from my friends in 287th MP Co, Happy Days!!

The liner is a CAPAC 52 and the letters MP can be seen on the front under the green paint but look like they were partially dissolved when painted over.

Can you identify this patch?Can you identify this patch?Can you identify this patch?Can you identify this patch?

Mark

HI Mark

287th MP Co was a mounted Horse platoon , great addition to have in a collection. I think and maybe Rich can comment. The 6th Inf DI on the helmet colors was for the pocket patch. The DI had a maroon colour and silver here's the link.

USAREUR Units - Berlin Brigade

Phill

Hi Rich

Keep us informed and good luck.

Phill

B36
    ?

Hi Mark, at this point I agree the patch is probably not military. I'll search a little more though.
    Our Berlin parade liners were smooth with gloss black paint. They had the Berlin decal and the 6th Infantry decal but the decals were positioned lower on the liner. We did not use the leather liner chin strap. I have a lot of pictures of Berlin but they are film and slides. I can try to take some pictures of my uniform. I'll need some help from my daughter to compress them before I can post them.
    Thanks,
    Rich

Hi Rich

Yes please , would like to see your uniforms and patches/DUI. Also the helmet liner with the DUI.

Would the DUI be the same colour as Marks?

Phill

B36
    ?

Default 6th Infantry insignia

Here is a teaser until I take some photos of the uniform. 6th Infantry insignia on my hat. It is the same as the two on the uniform.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can you identify this patch?  

Hi Rich

Appreciate it , can't wait to see the AG uniform.

Phill

B36
    ?

Two scanned photos from 1974. I don't know why the one in McNair barracks scanned discolored. The two close up photos were taken this weekend. I apologize for the poor quality.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can you identify this patch?   Can you identify this patch?  

Can you identify this patch?   Can you identify this patch?  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast