Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Canadian Artillery Pin Identification please

Article about: Quite large 3 1/4 inches wide and 4 1/8 inches tall. I've seen other artillery badges/pins but can't ID this one. Help is appreciated. Thank you! Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Canadian Artillery Pin Identification please

Quite large 3 1/4 inches wide and 4 1/8 inches tall. I've seen other artillery badges/pins but can't ID this one. Help is appreciated. Thank you!
    Canadian Artillery Pin Identification pleaseCanadian Artillery Pin Identification pleaseCanadian Artillery Pin Identification pleaseCanadian Artillery Pin Identification pleaseCanadian Artillery Pin Identification please

I don't recognise it but the size and style makes me think it might be a plaid brooch.

Regards

Mark

'VRI' - Victorian era sweetheart piece.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

That's large for a sweetheart broach, Looking at the back closely, it looks to be a helmet plate that was converted. I have seen some rare Canadian Helmet plates over the years, but I have not see this one.
    I gotta look into this one

Did some checking, this is a Helmet plate, it had one loop at the center top and one on either side half way or a bit more down.

This may be an 1855 Pattern Canadian Militia Artillery plate, it is probably that early pattern due to the Crown, the later ones had the regular Victorian Crown

Dean O
    Canada

I see where the eyelets were cut off now. What's it been
    converted to ? Could it be as Mark says above ?
    A kilt pin.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

?

No Idea, could be a plaid pin, but I don't know of any Canadian Artillery wearing kilts

Maybe for an early side cap as they wore them from the late 1850s on...by having one pin across the top you wouldn't have the lower loops sticking into the side of your head.

Buts that's just a guess.

Hey Walkwolf, have you seen my signed photo that looks like your avatar? I worked with Sean Bean on Silent Hill 2..

Dean O

Thank you for helping. Would I be correct in assuming this piece has no collectible value, since it has been modified?

No Dean, I have not seen your pic.
    Where to look ?

The badge will still be of value to
    someone for it's era and/or
    it's age.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Here is a Victorian era Artillery helmet plate.

A Victorian Royal Canadian Artillery Helmet Plate | eMedals

Larry

Ok, understood. I could describe it as a 1855 pattern Canadian Militia artillery plate?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast