Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Badge Horde Reference

Article about: Hi all. Looking for recommendations on a book or reference website for Canadian cap badges? Please and thank you. I have only a couple (haha) that I’ve been meaning to sort and organize for

Default Canadian Badge Horde Reference

Hi all. Looking for recommendations on a book or reference website for Canadian cap badges? Please and thank you. Perhaps a British option would be appreciated as well, as there are some throughout.

I have only a couple (haha) that I’ve been meaning to sort and organize for some time. Something with current/approximate values would be incredible. Ignore the modern stuff
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian Badge Horde Reference  

Quote by MilitariaMatt View Post
    Hi all. Looking for recommendations on a book or reference website for Canadian cap badges? Please and thank you. Perhaps a British option would be appreciated as well, as there are some throughout.

I have only a couple (haha) that I’ve been meaning to sort and organize for some time. Something with current/approximate values would be incredible. Ignore the modern stuff
    I know very little about Canadian badges but I think you probably need to specify a period of interest or be prepared to source several books to cover the whole "time line" as it were.
    However; have a look here to begin with;

www.canadiansoldiers.com

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    I know very little about Canadian badges but I think you probably need to specify a period of interest or be prepared to source several books to cover the whole "time line" as it were.
    However; have a look here to begin with;

www.canadiansoldiers.com

Regards

Mark
    Thank you Mark! I will take a look!

I am most interested in sorting out WWI and WWII. I believe Canadian badges fall into common categories; wwi, and 20-1950’s. But likewise this is not my forte and am open to any advice and correction.

?

looks to be mainly ww2 canadian stuff, $5-20cad a badge

Quote by JohnF View Post
    looks to be mainly ww2 canadian stuff, $5-20cad a badge
    That’s a bit of a generalization, your range should be $5 to $2500 if there’s a Garrison Battallion badge in there. Hence why I seek reference help

?

Why are you asking then if you already think you know

Quote by JohnF View Post
    Why are you asking then if you already think you know
    I’m asking because as you see I have 1000+ pieces... I only know the value of the rarest one and maybe a couple others. Geez... did not mean to offend m8.
    Last edited by MilitariaMatt; 07-22-2019 at 03:45 PM.