Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian CBH Souvenir Belt

Article about: Just wanted to share my find of the summer. A Souvenir belt belonging to a WWII Cape Breton Highlander, I have his name but the family has asked to keep it private, purchased from the Vets f

CBH
    ?

Default Canadian CBH Souvenir Belt

Just wanted to share my find of the summer. A Souvenir belt belonging to a WWII Cape Breton Highlander, I have his name but the family has asked to keep it private, purchased from the Vets family. It contains 18 different Canada badges, mostly hat badges. But the Gem of the lot is the 94th Argyll Highlanders which is a Victorian Era badge and predecessor to the WWI 185th and WWII Cape breton Highlanders. A rare and hard to find badge.
    Hope you all like it, if anyone would like additions photos just ask.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canadian CBH Souvenir Belt   Canadian CBH Souvenir Belt  

Canadian CBH Souvenir Belt  

?

That is an excellent souvenir belt!
    I like a Canadian tank corp emblem . I would imagine having a WW1 tank connection, that must give that one an edge up on the collectability side!!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

Very nice, Are they the names of the original badge owners on the reverse ? Regards, Paul

CBH
    ?

I've always wanted a Canadian Tank Corps so it was a bonus , the Prince Edward Island Light Horse is a rare one too. I've been told the Fort Gary Horse might be a WWI example. But the 94th badge is worth the most, due to it's early date and rarity.
    The writing on the reverse are dates and places, Sydney NS, Sussex NB, Ottawa, etc, possibly where the badge was obtained.
    Of note is Left Sept. 29 1941, probably left for overseas . There is still some masking tape on the back, used to cover the hardware, which i'll have to carefully remove.
    Thanks for the replies.