Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

CBI Patch ~ Advice Please

Article about: I'm looking for a Theatre-made CBI patch and am thinking of acquiring this. I like the fact that the construction in visible on the reverse side. Do you think it is complete or would there h

Default CBI Patch ~ Advice Please

I'm looking for a Theatre-made CBI patch and am thinking of acquiring this. I like the fact that the construction in visible on the reverse side. Do you think it is complete or would there have been a cloth or canvas patch over the threads as most of them I've seen seem to have? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Martin
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CBI Patch ~ Advice Please   CBI Patch ~ Advice Please  

Gidday Martin
    Yes and no , there are ones with a light cloth muslim backing, a well worn been there done that Indian made CBI patch.

Phill

Hi Phil

That's great, thank you. I wonder if the backing was left finished like this, or whether the muslin backing has come off over time? Perhaps when it was removed from the uniform?

Martin

Gidday Martin

I don't have a Bullion in my collection , but I would say yes this would of had a muslim or cotton backing. Bullion made patches tended to be for officers.
    The above is taken from a CBI website.
    Phill