Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Collar badge?

Article about: Hi, does anyone know if this is a military collar badge?

Default Collar badge?

Hi, does anyone know if this is a military collar badge?Collar badge?Collar badge?

It's a cap-badge, not a collar badge...I'm assuming either British or Irish?
    Glenn

It does look irish, but I have no idea!

?

Hello
    try Scout Association of Ireland..... may be ??

cordially
    Didier

Quote by bichon View Post
    Hello
    try Scout Association of Ireland..... may be ??

cordially
    Didier
    Works for me!

Definately not British military and the shamrock suggests Ireland, both Eire (The Repulic of Ireland ie Southern Ireland) and N. Ireland (part of UK) and the cross an affiliation to Christianity (not such a point of emphasis nowadays but in Ireland it would have suited Catholic and Protestant alike when the Scouts were formed).
    An interesting piece and there are collectors of Scouts items who would love this. No idea on age but construction and material suggest it is at least several decades old.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

OK, so maybe not protestant scouts then

Mine was an educated presumption and I am from England where the distinction is less prevalent

Great info Didier, this kind of item is forever creeping into the mitaria hunting ground and can often be seen on dealers tables amongst military badges of all kinds. Many times I have been offered an "old army badge" by someone who just has no knowledge so this kind of info is something we should all be aware of.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thanks Didier!