Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Commonwealth Chaplains Helmet Insignia

Article about: Ive seen Commonwealth Chaplains Collar Badges,with their distinctive "Maltese Cross" design. But has anyone seen what insignia they used on a helmet ? If they did at all. Thanks Mi

Default Commonwealth Chaplains Helmet Insignia

Ive seen Commonwealth Chaplains Collar Badges,with their distinctive "Maltese Cross" design.
    But has anyone seen what insignia they used on a helmet ? If they did at all.
    Thanks Mick

?

Default Re: Commonwealth Chaplains Helmet Insignia

The only one I've seen was on eBay recently, but I can't seem to find it again. It looked a bit odd to me, then again it was the only one I've ever seen.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Never seen one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

What do you think about this,apparently a dug decal on a British MkII ?
    Sorry about the crap photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth Chaplains Helmet Insignia  

?

It looks a bit dodgy, Mick. It looks like the paint has been chipped away at the top of the decal a bit too uniformly to be natural wear.

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

Quote by aj4010 View Post
    It looks a bit dodgy, Mick. It looks like the paint has been chipped away at the top of the decal a bit too uniformly to be natural wear.

Best Regards,

Andy
    You could be right Andy,
    But it is described as a Dug Decal,so they havnt finished the job.
    The main thing that bothers me,is that the Cross does not look like the known Chaplains Cross.
    Damn,why are decalled helmets so much of a gamble
    Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Commonwealth Chaplains Helmet Insignia