MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

A couple air force patches.

Article about: Hello guys! I have a couple air force patches that my grandfather had. I don't know if they are WW2 vintage or post war. Not even sure they are not reproduction pieces. Thanks for looking! T

?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I know what you mean. I have to fix a picture on my 3rd Armored Division uniform post because my phone made it sideways. I have fixed more than a couple myself. I will be fixing mine from the work desktop tomorrow.
    Same here Bro
    I'll have to use my guberment puter to fix mine also

Hitting the sack now but have to ask Carp. Since your hanging around here. Whats your First name?
    "seize the day" is awesome but for a finger picking typist CARPEDIEM is an effort and a Carp is a bottom scum sucking fish and seems a little in appropriate.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Hi Phill

Spot on left shoulder is unit currently serving in and right shoulder is known as a combat patch , not to sure when that was official but they started wearing them c1944 onwards and then AR regulations confirmed by Korean war as Former Wartime Service(?)/Combat Patch. I'm not to sure on actual dates maybe some one else can fill in the details.

Phill

carpediem

Caveat Emptor, it can be addictive and lead to other patch collecting area's.

It is the drug of my choice these day's collecting US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia mainly WWII era but other era's as well.

Currently my addiction is British Formation signs of WWII for displays as I have all US units for Operations Torch, Husky, Dragoon , Overlord, Market Garden , Ardennes offensive(less the $$$$).

Here is an all white USAAF.

There is no official reason either a manufacturing fault or interpretation and or when the USAAF decided to get rid of the red circle , some manufacturers then interpreted as all white star(?).

Attachment 1093644

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Same here Bro
    I'll have to use my guberment puter to fix mine also

Hitting the sack now but have to ask Carp. Since your hanging around here. Whats your First name?
    "seize the day" is awesome but for a finger picking typist CARPEDIEM is an effort and a Carp is a bottom scum sucking fish and seems a little in appropriate.

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Sorry Phil! My screen name is a little long. You can use Al instead.

Quote by Phill Lockett View Post
    carpediem

Caveat Emptor, it can be addictive and lead to other patch collecting area's.

It is the drug of my choice these day's collecting US Shoulder Sleeve Insignia mainly WWII era but other era's as well.

Currently my addiction is British Formation signs of WWII for displays as I have all US units for Operations Torch, Husky, Dragoon , Overlord, Market Garden , Ardennes offensive(less the $$$$).

Here is an all white USAAF.

There is no official reason either a manufacturing fault or interpretation and or when the USAAF decided to get rid of the red circle , some manufacturers then interpreted as all white star(?).

Attachment 1093644
    Thanks Phill! I can certainly understand how patches can become addicting! I feel like I need the numbered armored division patches! A very nice USAAF example you have.

No worries Al

Be careful when collecting WWII Armoured Div.

They were produced 1942 -mid 1950's with OD border and were remade and reissued during the Korean war as training Div(albeit they had tonnes left over!!).

The plain WWII Triangles have had added numbers/letter combo post WWII and passed off for WWII era.

I always look for the heavy white back or green back Triangles/number as well as woollies.

The good thing about WWII Armd they tend to be cheap for original examples.

Feel free to post images before you buy.

Will do my best.

Phill

?

Hello Al,
    And thanks Phil. Gotta love Phil's . We're awesome

Here are my patches. I have several full set's of AAF officer and enlisted 8th AF uniforms and one WAC AAF from the CBI(My Aunts Annie's) I wish the bullion would of stood up to time a little better, But it must of looked great at the time and would have been very impressive compared to the other's guy's

A couple air force patches.A couple air force patches.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Nice pieces Phil! I really regret the way I have handled mine. Stupid to have put pin holes in them. Could be worse I guess but still stupid.
    Phill,
    Should I scratch the itch of WW2 armored division patches, I may well seek your counsel. I will give it the old college try myself as well. If I screw up, they are still likely real patches and not horrendously expensive!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2