Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

D-Day Insignia Display

Article about: Hi Folks, I've decided to take my D-Day American airborne display and expand it into a display of the insignia worn by all of the American units that invaded France on June 6th, 1944. Here a

?

Default Re: D-Day Insignia Display

You need the second US division patch.Omaha beach
    Indian head

Quote by Munich View Post
    You need the second US division patch.Omaha beach
    Indian head
    The 2nd ID landed on June 7th. My intention was to display the insignia of units that took part in the initial wave.

Oh gosh... just noticed my 90th Infantry Division patch is upside down. Teddy Roosevelt Jr. must be spinning in his grave!

?

Looking good Joe

?

Nicely laid out display Joe, be nice if you were to expand it to include the British and Canadian, (and other), units as well.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy

Quote by jimpy View Post
    Nicely laid out display Joe, be nice if you were to expand it to include the British and Canadian, (and other), units as well.

Regards etc
    Ian D

AKA: Jimpy
    That's my plan! I just need a good source for authentic British, Canadian, Polish, etc. insignia and a refresher course on what other Allied units took part in the first wave!

Very nice display joe,we will all chip in to help with the British units that took part there's a lot of them,please include the "DORSETS"they landed as part of the 1ST DIVISION on "GOLD BEACH"good luck with it and keep us up to date,regards minnie.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D-Day Insignia Display  

Thanks for the help, folks! I hope you know I mean no disrespect by not yet including insignia from other Allied nations that participated on D Day... It's just seems like identifying them and finding a good source for them on this side of the pond isn't that easy!

Ah, this is better. Rest easy, TR Jr.:
    D-Day Insignia Display
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture D-Day Insignia Display  

Hi Joe

Bit late to the party and you might know this by now.

The 101st is a post WWII , 1950's issued and the Rangers only wore the official Diamond on D-Day.

You can also add SHAEF Black version , First US Army Black A on OD , Vth & VIIth Corp,Army/Navy Amphibious Units, Armored force , Tank Destroyer, 8th/9th AF and CB's.

Without getting into the more detailed units.

Phill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2