Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Does anyone recognise these shoulder board fittings?

Article about: Hi everyone, this is my first post here! And it may not be in the correct sub-forum, but it's the closest one I could find. Here are some metal studs on the shoulders of my leather coat. Are

Default Does anyone recognise these shoulder board fittings?

Hi everyone, this is my first post here! And it may not be in the correct sub-forum, but it's the closest one I could find. Here are some metal studs on the shoulders of my leather coat. Are they attachments for shoulder boards? I don't see how they can be anything else, but I've never seen shoulder boards which would fit:

Does anyone recognise these shoulder board fittings?Does anyone recognise these shoulder board fittings?

I don't know much about the coat. The seller told me she got it at a market in Austria from a guy who said it was Austrian army from the '60s. It had Wehrmacht-style buttons but I swapped them for Coldstream Guards ones. And it has press stude for attaching the coat to your legs, for riding a horse I suppose? It also has that really old brown lining which you often see on 30s and 40s coats and jackets. Apart from that it looks like one of the many post-war German civilian coats which people on ebay advertise as Nazi uniform for a ridiculous price.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Does anyone recognise these shoulder board fittings?