Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fake WAAF/AAF offifer lapel badge....BEWARE!!!!

Article about: Hi All, Just a heads up. I got burnt recently on ebay when I won 4 WAAF/AAF officer's "A" badges, 3 lapels and one greatcoat. All 4 were sold together as WW2 originals but the matc

Default Fake WAAF/AAF offifer lapel badge....BEWARE!!!!

Hi All,
    Just a heads up. I got burnt recently on ebay when I won 4 WAAF/AAF officer's "A" badges, 3 lapels and one greatcoat.
    All 4 were sold together as WW2 originals but the matching pair of lapels turned out to be modern replicas frequently sold on ebay for a few quid. These has pin like prongs unlike WW2 ones which are bladed. What happen here is the gildings on these lapels are removed to reveal the brass surface and then aged so they can be passed off as originals. Even from the photos I didnt suspect the prongs because of the angle it was taken and the fact that it was amongst two other genuine WW2 badges made it all the more convincing.
    I've told the seller about this and he was apolegetic claiming that he did not know they were replicas but refuses to offer me the option of a refund saying that he did not try to deceive even though the matching pair of lapels turn out to be a copy and not genuine WW2 as he has listed.
    I 'm not looking for sympathy as I should have asked for more photos before the sale concluded but still

Anyway here is the listing, not sure if anyone come across these repros sold as genuine WW2

Four WW2 RAF Officers Auxiliary Air Force Brass 'A' Collar and Greatcoat Badges | eBay
    Attached Images Attached Images Fake WAAF/AAF offifer lapel badge....BEWARE!!!! 

Sorry to hear that.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

It is always a pi$$ off when you realize you have been defrauded.

?

Contact ebay and use the money back guarantee. He advertised as WW2 and they are not. Tell them you tried to talk with the seller and he is using the ignorance excuse. It can't hurt to try

Semper Fi
    Phil

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Contact ebay and use the money back guarantee. He advertised as WW2 and they are not. Tell them you tried to talk with the seller and he is using the ignorance excuse. It can't hurt to try

Semper Fi
    Phil
    I see what you mean and I'm well within my right to demand refund for miselling regardless if it was intentional or not it was an error on his part. Here we have a seller passing the responsibility of ascerting if the goods is genuine or not on the buyer. What do you think I should do?

Go for a refund.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I just don't care for eBay anymore. Been burnt too many times. I do frequent gunbroker.com but you also have to watch on their as well. Quite a few items listed as authentic but I have my doubts. Sorry to hear. Hopefully you get can refunded

If you paid with PayPal contact them and scream to high heaven about it for a refund. They can be pretty decent about it at times!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."