Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Field medic/ Red Cross flag,WW2 ?

Article about: Hey guys,I picked up this flag cheap, just curious if it is WW2 vintage. The flag is multi piece construction. There are no stamps or writing on flag.... there is an opening at one end for a

?

Default Field medic/ Red Cross flag,WW2 ?

Hey guys,I picked up this flag cheap, just curious if it is WW2 vintage. The flag is multi piece construction. There are no stamps or writing on flag.... there is an opening at one end for a pole to run through with leather inserts for reenforcement. Flag is 12.5" x 26.5" Thanks for help guys!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Field medic/ Red Cross flag,WW2 ?   Field medic/ Red Cross flag,WW2 ?  

Field medic/ Red Cross flag,WW2 ?   Field medic/ Red Cross flag,WW2 ?  

I can see nothing amiss with this flag. The cloth looks proper as does the construction. A nice display piece.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Cool flag

Hit it with a black light, Josh.

Unfortunately, a black light won't be able to tell us much, if it has ever been washed in it's lifetime. The detergents will make it glow as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

True, but if never washed it'll be a good indicator... I wish things were easy in this hobby.

?

Sorry Joe,I broke my BL a while ago.... still haven't replaced... :-(

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I can see nothing amiss with this flag. The cloth looks proper as does the construction. A nice display piece.
    I agree with William. Nice flag!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Check inside where the leather tag is there should be a tag on either side, I believe that this is probably from the 50s they are mostly used on vehicles. I sold one quite recently

?

No tag, but you are correct about used on vehicles. I found a one online that is virtually the same and it is WW2 vintage. Truth be known, they probably used them in WW2 and Korea.