Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Flag Identification PLEASE

Article about: Hi Again, Like the Welsh Guards swallow tail, I think that this is a parade guide and marker item???? Any comments would be gratefully received. Cheers Michael R

Default Flag Identification PLEASE

Hi Again, Like the Welsh Guards swallow tail, I think that this is a parade guide and marker item???? Any comments would be gratefully received.

Cheers Michael R

colours of 10th company footguards. Another nice flag I would happily add to my collection Michel, though not as desirable as the Welsh Guards company colours, but still very nice and it would go well with my other flags.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I should add that this is obviously for the depot, and the motto translates as pastures known to me and the animal is a Salamander
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, Thank you once again and yes we can do some sort of trade
    Cheers Michael

Also I should add that the 3rd regiment of foot guards is the Scots Guards and they have used this flag or variations of it for various difgferent companies throughout the last few hundred years, it not always being for the 10th company, partly because they have used letters in the past so it was at one time for a captain of the 7th Company 1712, for G company in 1899 and then back to the 10th company sometime later, though they are recorded as being for the 10th company during the wars in America.

Hard to get info that is not contradicted on these but certainly they have been used by the Scots Guards for a long time, though this one is post 1953.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi Jerry, More good info, very many thanks once again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

With thanks, regards and best wishes Michaelk

It took me some time to find out about this and the Irish Guards flag, but got there in the end.

Always glad to help if I can.
    Regards,

Jerry

Cheers Jerry