Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Group of Patches and some medals, need help identifying!

Article about: I hope they do early sales if they do then that would be great for you . Gary

Default Group of Patches and some medals, need help identifying!

I am planning to stop by a local estate sale later this week and they have a small pile of WWII items that I have my heart set on. I am in love with the helmet but I need some help identifying the patches as well as a couple of the medals. It would also help to get a value so I dont overpay too much. Also does the helmet look WWI or early WWII?

I believe the bronze medal with the red and white lanyard is the US Army Good Conduct medal but I need help with the rest!

http://www.bucksauctionandsales.com/...sthers_003.JPG

Thanks for your time,

Alec

Default Re: Group of Patches and some medals, need help identifying!

US ww1 helmet and a good one.they are usely not cheap.If you can get it for under 100$ that would be a great deal.the medals go on ebay for 10$ to 15$
    Chris

Thanks Chris, I am really hoping the helmet is a good deal but I am not sure what to expect since this is my first estate sale! Hopefully I will be the first there so less competition. Also depending on the pricing I was hoping to bundle it all together for a price.

We'll see how it goes!

?

Good luck! The C.B.I.'s look theater made,2 Air Corp patches look special,looks like a Commonwealth cap badge in the pile also. Paper items are nice.Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

?

Alec good luck at the estate sale. I hope you have been to them before because the military guys show up hours before the sale starts. Also if you are one of the first people buying they don't do deals to much because they know someone else will buy it for full price. Also if the person having the sale knows some one who collects military the items might be sold before the sale. Good luck. Gary

?

There are about $260.00 in patches the CBI bullion worth the most. Standard airforce the least. Camo 32nd helmet around $200.00 with liner and chinstrap. WWI post cards $5.00 to 10.00 each. Do not know anything about the paper stuff.

Thanks for all the help guys, I was planning on arriving a little early but I will try to be there an hour before they hand out numbers. If the stuff is too expensive I will just wait for the next day to pick up the scraps.

Alec

?

Alec the last estate sale I went to I got there at 6:00 am and the sale started at 9:00 and I was # 18 on the list. The only reason I went was because I had seen some bayonets and a nice WWII German nco sword in the photos for the listing . After waiting three hours in the cold I found out three other guys were there for the same thing. When we got inside none of the items I came for were there. I talked to a friend later that day and he told me be had bought the good items from the lady doing the estate sale the night before. Your in for a eye opening experience on how people act at these sales . Good luck I hope you get them . Gary

2 of the badges are the Australian General Service hat badge 'Rising Sun' in copper-can't see the motto so can't tell exact age but at least WW2 and a small brass one post WW2.

Wow I didn't know it was that early, I think I may just end up doing an all nighter then. This estate sale is being done by a small company and the ad listed that they specifically did not want people to contact the household before the sale, this doesn't mean they won't sell stuff early but it seems less likely. I emailed the company to see if they allowed early sales and I am just waiting for a reply.

and thanks lithgow

Alec

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast