Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?

Article about: THE FLAG FEELS LIKE ITS BEEN THROUGH A LOT, SOME AREAS ARE TORN, ONE PART LOOKS LIKE IT WAS BURNED AT SOME POINT. THE FLAG IS A BIT FRAGILE THE BAND HAS WRITING ON IT THAT READS, 2ND INF DIV

Well I will look more closely at the flag when I have it and Im sure there is some more writing on it. Ill find the roster and See if I can find Mr Miller. It could of bin a headquarter flag or something. It
    s hard to say. I don't know value wise if you were interested in Buying it.

Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Well I got the flag in the Mail. Boy this flag took a beating and it's filthy, but in a good, well used way. This flag is 100 % original and the Vibes it gives off tells me it had a traumatic life. I took some quick photos.

Certainly legit flag could you make out any more words??

Phill

Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?Help! 2ND INF DIV 9TH REG 1944 Flag?9th H ? or 4 2 g ? Its hard to read with the dirt grime around it. I took some more photos of different angles.

I still need to find a way to research this Miller guy. Or what this flag was from, Normandy? or where?

So based on someone writing 1944 on a flag,its easy to assume its ww2?but its not ww2 its postwar,i would say 1947 onwards so more likely Korea,maybe miller served from Normandy right through to Korean.sorry i'm so negative but i know US flags,as i own a few.

so this is a post war flag?

Hi rudder

Your not being negative , Im glad we have some one who can date the flag.

Can you point out the features of a 1947 flag for future referance.

Who knows when ,who what and how the writing came about hence provenance is the most important when finding an item like this.

Rudder I might post a few 2nd ranger scrolls, post D-Day as they only wore the Sunoco Diamond.

Do you know the difference between the originals on wool and the later on felt with wide and narrow letter number combo's ?

Phill

All 48 star flags made between 1912-1945,the stars themselves are seperately cut pieces of material that are then sewn or machine onto the main flag itself,however in 1947 with the increase of machinery the star is woven as part of the flag so no seperate material added,hence why it was made sometime between 1947-1959.

Also as the 48 star flag is the 2nd longest running flag only the current has existed longer its difficult to get an exact date as this type spans some 47 years,material texture stitching and grommets are all key to helping.its difficult at best especially with the early types around ww1.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2