MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Help! KSLI Cap badge

Article about: So I don't know much about this. Is it from WWII or Korea? Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Help! KSLI Cap badge

So I don't know much about this. Is it from WWII or Korea?

Help! KSLI Cap badge

British Kings Shropshire Light Infantry Regt cap badge.

Impossible to distinguish between a WW2 example and one worn in the Korean War. The design and construction did not change.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

As Ade says the badge design does not change, by that date the AA version would probably be in use, which this might be, it is not clear from the image. The tag suggests post WWII, researching the unit might give you the best way to date the presentation and then perhaps the badge.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes I agree it is quite right about the bi-metal badge not changing from WWII to Korea. It isn't the best picture but this doesn't look like AA (Anodised Aluminimum aka "Staybright) to me for what that is worth .

I do know that Koje-do is in Korea and was the location of an allied PoW camp where there were problems controlling NK PoW and at one point a US General (Dodd I think) was taken captive by the PoW .

187th RCT (Regimental Combat Team) is today part of 101st Ab Div and has served in Iraq and Afghanistan but then was part of 11th Ab Div and stationed at Koje-do in 1952.

At the time of the problems at Koje-do 1st Bn KSLI was sent to assist at the camp so possibly we have an answer here because as I know from personal experience whenever the US and British armies meet up there is always liaison aka an "Allied drinking competition" which usually includes the exchange of suitable regimental "gizzits"

Nice piece of ephemera you have there which adds up to more than just the badge from my point of view

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 01-04-2015 at 12:57 PM.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I wasn't sure that this uploaded correctly as it didn't show as a new post ?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hmm, OP hasn't been back since he started the thread over a month ago. Can't have been all that interested I suppose. Makes you wonder why we bother to try and help sometimes

Mark