Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with ID of British badge

Article about: Picked up these today , most look to be home guard but i cant id the badge with the Red Diamond on it ,Any one got a idea of what unit it is ? thank you for any help

Default Help needed with ID of British badge

Picked up these today , most look to be home guard but i cant id the badge with the Red Diamond on it ,Any one got a idea of what unit it is ? thank you for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with ID of British badge   Help needed with ID of British badge  

Quote by kradman View Post
    Picked up these today , most look to be home guard but i cant id the badge with the Red Diamond on it ,Any one got a idea of what unit it is ? thank you for any help
    It's hard to work out the scale but do you think it could be WWI?

If so I reckon it might be a unit indicator.

Quite a few Inf Bns used a red diamond but the red diamond with the single red bar relates to 'A' Coy , 5/6th Bn The Royal Scots. It is the colour of the bar that denotes the company;

Red = A
    Green = B
    Yellow = C
    Lt Blue = D
    Black = HQ

The Diamond (it's actually a square - a diamond was used but was more elongated) should be about 2" sq and the bar 2" x .4" but I doubt it was that precise in reality.

If it isn't WWI then I am not sure at this time.

Hope this helps

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Thank you Mark ,yes could be ww1

The red square and bar are home guard skill badges or similar, I posted a thread with them in a collection with discussion
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thank you Jerry , that would make sense as came in with the other badges shown