Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Here be Dragons

Article about: Thank you, Jerry! Luke

Very nice, Jerry! I have one on the way too.

Luke

Arrived today.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

This one just arrived today. It's the first one to come with a pin.
    Jerry: Have you seen this marking before? Do you think the color looks odd?
    Thank you.

Luke

Here be DragonsHere be Dragons

It might be a theater made example, as it looks slightly rough. The colour also suggests that it has been poorly bronzed, so reinforcing my first comment. Still a good example to have as it is probably an uncommon variation. The pins are easy to get, often plenty for sale on the bay.
    Regards,

Jerry

Thanks so much, Jerry! At first I thought maybe someone had painted it. I wasn't sure if it was possible to tell the difference between an original pin or not.

Luke

The bronzing is done as part of the process and can be variable in quality.

The pins are a generic type and apart from not looking old perhaps, they are even with modern replacements all much the same. You sometimes see people selling tubs full of period examples where they have removed them from many years worth of badge collecting, as for badge collectors they are largely redundant and only those who restore uniforms tend to keep them.
    Regards,

Jerry

Picked up the other day, white metal on a single plate loop, so post WWII I think for OR's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Here be Dragons   Here be Dragons  

Regards,

Jerry

A variation on the theme, Monmouthshire Regiment belt plate for a drummer. Not one you see often. The dragon is cap badge size.

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry: That's really really cool! Thanks for posting this. What's the chances of me running across one of these?

Luke

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Jerry: That's really really cool! Thanks for posting this. What's the chances of me running across one of these?

Luke
    Though probably not representative of how many are in existence, but this is the 2nd I have seen and I have been told of a third in a museum.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast