Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Indian head patch

Article about: This patch is 100% authentic it is commonly refered to as OD border these are variants made for what ever reason by manufactures much much harder to find than regular, Chris the patch you ha

?

Default Re: Indian head patch

hi
    Patch as I promised is here
    regards Daniel
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Indian head patch   Indian head patch  

?

Very nice example Daniel I always like the 2nd Inf Division patch design it is hard to find the OD variant

?

Yes this example is rarer and therefore is the highlight of my collection.
    In my town (Plzeň) is a very popular Indian head, because this division was in Plzeň in 1945, but I think that easy to come by in the USA.

?

The od border patch was used in the late 40's early 60's on the od fatigue uniforms, hence the green border. Later during the Vietnam war, the patches were made black and green so the enemy wouldn't know what division you were from a distance. The color patches were limited to dress greens afterwards.

So does anyone have any plain jane period authentic patches besides the rare expensive ones lol Thank you for all the input tho i didn't realize there were so many variants

The 2nd Division patch did exist during the war with an OD. green border. Later in the war many of these green bordered patches disappeared and the full color patches took their place. The green bordered patches were designed to blend in with the background color of the uniform to which they were sewn and also make the stitching less visible.

Duplicate post sorry

duplicate post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3