Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Insignia identification needed for WW2 uniform donated to hospice

Article about: Hi, I'm a volunteer for St Anne's Hospice in Newport South Wales, we have been donated a WW2 uniform and I've listed it on eBay using the information I was given. I've had 2 messages on eBay

Default Insignia identification needed for WW2 uniform donated to hospice

Hi, I'm a volunteer for St Anne's Hospice in Newport South Wales, we have been donated a WW2 uniform and I've listed it on eBay using the information I was given. I've had 2 messages on eBay telling me the flashes are for the 8th Anti Aircraft Division and not the 5th as I was told. I cannot find the insignia anywhere but that is probably as I simply don't know where to look. I have uploaded the pic of the arm patches below. Please can anyone help as I need the auction listing to be correct really. It's important as it was left by a lady who passed away at the hospice, she left it with a message telling us it belonged to her husband, Captain P.A Freeman and asked for it to be sold and the money raised given to the hospice. Thanks very much for any help as it will be very, very much appreciated.
    Pictures by Techref - Photobucket
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Insignia identification needed for WW2 uniform donated to hospice  
    Last edited by Hologram; 05-23-2011 at 10:32 PM.

Default Re: Insignia identification needed for WW2 uniform donated to hospice

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

That is a very nice battledress. Super item.

The insignia is for the 8th.

Cheers, Ade.

Hi,

Thanks very much.

I've altered the ebay listing to "8th", thanks for the help it's much appreciated. I'm hoping the lady will get her wish and the uniform will will be bought for a decent amount of money which will go to the hospice. I also hope it goes to a genuine person who actually wants it and treats it with the appropriate amount of respect.

Thanks again, your help means a lot.

Hi, sorry to bother you again but I could do with some advice. We've been offered £200 for the uniform, boots and bits and bobs, do you think that is a fair price? Should I accept the offer or let the auction on ebay run it's term? I'd hate to lose any money if I can get more but I'm only interested in getting the best deal for the hospice.

It's a bit difficult for me to make a decision as I know nothing about this subject and am relying on advice.

I would appreciate the opinion of anyone who is knowledgeable about WW2 uniforms!

Thanks very much, again (!)

?

I would say that for a complete uniform in very good condition plus extras, depending on what they are, its still a bit too cheap, i would hope that either £275-300 would be fairer if not more

Thanks, your input is helpful. It's number 150608860396 if that helps. For me the problem is the fact it's not mine. When you sell something for yourself you decide on the amount that makes you happy. This was left to the hospice by a lady who passed away there, I feel obliged to get every single possible penny I can get in order to comply with her wishes. I didn't know her but I feel I have to do my best out of respect for her and her late husband who owned the uniform.

?

The provenance of the owner adds to the price and to the history and that should be reflected in the price

Do not sell for £200. Let the auction run.

I have added a link:

RARE UK WW2 UNIFORM & BOOTS 8TH ANTI AIRCRAFT DIVISION | eBay UK

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Do not sell for £200. Let the auction run.

I have added a link:

RARE UK WW2 UNIFORM & BOOTS 8TH ANTI AIRCRAFT DIVISION | eBay UK
    Thanks very much for your help. All help is always received with gratitude.

NCA
    ?

That is a very nice grouping.I have a feeling there will be a fair few bids on it.
    Certainly worth more than £200.
    Some more info on the other pieces:Picture 11, a pair of puttees, they look to be the earlier pattern with webbing straps.
    Pic below that is Sam Browne belt.
    The two pouches on the belt, does one of them have a felt lining?If so thats a compass pouch, the other would be for revolver ammunition.
    The web belt is the standard 37 pattern belt.

Best of luck with the sale!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast