Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Insignia identification needed for WW2 uniform donated to hospice

Article about: Hi, I'm a volunteer for St Anne's Hospice in Newport South Wales, we have been donated a WW2 uniform and I've listed it on eBay using the information I was given. I've had 2 messages on eBay

?

Default Re: Insignia identification needed for WW2 uniform donated to hospice

The coloured belt is whats called a stable belt, unusual to find a ww2 version in good condition

Quote by NCA View Post
    That is a very nice grouping.I have a feeling there will be a fair few bids on it.
    Certainly worth more than £200.
    Some more info on the other pieces:Picture 11, a pair of puttees, they look to be the earlier pattern with webbing straps.
    Pic below that is Sam Browne belt.
    The two pouches on the belt, does one of them have a felt lining?If so thats a compass pouch, the other would be for revolver ammunition.
    The web belt is the standard 37 pattern belt.

Best of luck with the sale!
    Thanks very much indeed. The info has been added to the ebay listing.

Quote by davejb View Post
    The coloured belt is whats called a stable belt, unusual to find a ww2 version in good condition
    Thanks very much indeed. The info has also been added to the ebay listing.

Just a quick thank you to everyone for your help. £215 bid, after fees the hospice clears £190.
    Thanks for making this sale possible, I'm glad the amount of money is respectful of the donation.

?

`Well im glad that the hospice has benefitted from the sale, but i cant help thinking that someone else has also benefitted to a greater degree, but thats e-bay for you

Personally,I'd say the boots by themselves were the star of the lot and should have brought the sale price by themselves. William

I agree with both of you but all of the people who thought it was worth more didn't bid. We were offered £70 by the guy on the military stall in Abergavenny market so clearling £190 is all good as his was the only other offer.

Thanks guys your help brought the hospice £120 more than they would have had.

"The glass is half FULL" !
    :-)

?

I agree that getting money for the hospice is well worth it but i would have liked to see a lot more be handed over and the only way was to have put this entire collection on a recognised militaria auction, as for this stall holder, i wouldnt even bother taking anything to him ever again, he was trying his luck and he knew full well that he would resell this for a huge profit, as for people not bidding,
    there are i suppose two reasons, one monetary, the other E-bay, those that knew about this, possibly at the time, were unable to bid because of other financial comittments, those that didnt ,knew that they could get a cheap deal through E-bay but there would have been those who dont like bidding through this site because of past disappointments, you could have put these items up for sale here and asked £300 and i would think you may have got a better deal, especially from our American collectors, a few of whom collect British uniforms, but thats all water under the bridge now, but please, if you get
    anything else this good post it here for advice and /or for sale
    regards Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2