Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?

Article about: Very nice collection of wings Steve and you were rght it does appear to be the same makers mark I looked at mine through a loop and it would appear to be a R surrounded by a C or a circle .

?

Default Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?

Came upon this little sweety yesterday it is made of sterling silver and I would presume pre 1953 as it is still sporting a kings crown it would appear by the detail and the construction to have been custom made as I have yet to find one to compare it to has anyone seen another like it before ??? Any and all comments welcome .

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?   Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?  

Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?   Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?  

Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?   Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?  

?

Default Re: Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?

Very nice piece Mark; RCAF Sweetheart Jewelry. If I recall correctly, I'v seen similar pins before on e-Bay in years past. Can't say if this one is a one of a kind pin.
    What else do you have in the way of RCAF stuff?

?

I have a 1943 dated sidecap with other ranks capbadge a few shoulder flashes and just a few odds and ends here is an odd one for you to look at is quite large 4x8 inches.

Regards Mark K
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?   Jewelers made RCAF Flight Engineer half wing in silver ?  

?

I believe that is either late war or early post war wireless air gunner, maybe a jacket crest/patch due to its size and color, worn on the back? Never actually saw one before but I do remember reading about that type of wing when I first started collecting RCAF stuff. In any case that is one nice set of wings.

I really should post photos of my wings, badges, insignia and sweetheart pins, but I'm now working 3 hrs from home for the next year or so. Maybe when I get home for Christmas?
    Last edited by gbalke; 12-01-2011 at 04:56 AM.

I have a couple of these Sterling 'sweetheart' brooches,
    and I believe they were made by the same maker
    as yours, although one is a set of pilot wings.

I'll post them if you'd like.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Good call gbalke when I first found the AG Wing I ran it on the forum as I could not find another to compare it to and this was the same conclusion that was reached by another member about this badge .That would be awsome Steve if you would not mind I would like to see them very much

Regards Mark K

Here they are. I got both at the same time, and owned them for about
    7 - 8 years. They haven't been polished by me.........!

Regards,

Steve.

Pilot.........

These crummy pictures do not do them justice. They are very
    detailed with finely feathered wings.

Regards,

Steve.

?

Very nice pieces of RCAF sweetheart jewelry Steve. I have that same smaller pin that can be seen in the first photo of your pilot wings. I wonder how many other RCAF collectors are members of the forum?

The smaller wings are a part of a lucite bracelet.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast