Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Lancers Cap Badge

Article about: Hey everyone, Picked this up cap badge today. I like the looks of it, but it doesn't seem to quite match the 17/21st Lancers badge examples that are already on the forum. What do you guys th

Default Lancers Cap Badge

Hey everyone,

Picked this up cap badge today. I like the looks of it, but it doesn't seem to quite match the 17/21st Lancers badge examples that are already on the forum. What do you guys think? Could it possibly be an early example?

Thanks! John

Lancers Cap BadgeLancers Cap BadgeLancers Cap Badge

CBH
    ?

Very similar to mine , but an officers version in silver . I would link to it but I don't know how .
    Cheers Chris
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lancers Cap Badge   Lancers Cap Badge  

Thanks for the reply, Chris!

I absolutely love the design of this, so looks like I'm going to have to start adding more British cap badges now.

This is actually an NCO's badge, worn on the sleeve. 17th Lancers.

As ever, it is called "The Motto" by the Regt and NEVER a cap or sleeve badge.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks for the correction, Ade

My pleasure.

I almost joined the 17th/21st on leaving school. They are my local Regt. But Mum did not fancy it (the troubles in Northern Ireland at the time ) and talked me out of it with a better paid job.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The arm badge is called a CHAD, only the cap badge is called the MOTTO.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Lancers Cap Badge   Lancers Cap Badge  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.