Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Misleading Ebay badge

Article about: Had to smile when I saw this one. It is being sold as a rare/unusual Air Raid Precautions badge. I expect the eagle eyed among you will have noticed that the figure in the centre is holding

Default Misleading Ebay badge

Had to smile when I saw this one. It is being sold as a rare/unusual Air Raid Precautions badge. I expect the eagle eyed among you will have noticed that the figure in the centre is holding a bird? Therefore I am 99% sure that ARP stands for a town beginning with A and that RP is for Racing Pigeons!!

Misleading Ebay badge

Sadly the bidders are only seeing what they would like to see.

Uhm, well maybe... but what if it is a rare trade badge for the handlers of carrier pigeons used for communications by the Air Raid Precautions service?

(Seriously, though, I wonder about the symbolism: An apparently female figure holding a bird, within a field whose outlines appear to be that of a feline head...?)

I would agree.

I do have a couple of interesting ARP badges coming up for sale at work on Friday.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Uhm, well maybe... but what if it is a rare trade badge for the handlers of carrier pigeons used for communications by the Air Raid Precautions service?

(Seriously, though, I wonder about the symbolism: An apparently female figure holding a bird, within a field whose outlines appear to be that of a feline head...?)
    Ah ha, I've got it. It must be the the cats league Against Racing Pigeons! After all the cat is the number one enemy of the average pigeon (excluding heavy traffic or shotgun pellets).