Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

National Savings movement

Article about: This might not seem a military subject but as it was massively pushed during the war to raise money for the government I think it is. Recruitment of savers was mainly administered and run by

Default National Savings movement

This might not seem a military subject but as it was massively pushed during the war to raise money for the government I think it is. Recruitment of savers was mainly administered and run by the WVS during WW2 (what didn't they do?).

The "Lend To Defend" badge top left was introduced about 1939, for economy reasons it was replaced the gold plastic version to it's right. To the right of that is the post-war version. The rest of the 'medal style' post war badges are Long Service Awards in 5, 7, 10, 20, 25, & 30 years. I have seen a 50 year version too but do not own one. I would have expected there to have been 15 & 40 year versions at least too.

Default Re: National Savings movement

I have a different variant to add. It's a wartime economy version of the first type shown. Made as a button badge with the design on paper beneath a celuloid cover. I imagine the gold plastic version was simpy a version of even greater economy!

Default Re: National Savings movement