Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

newbi has a question! US wings

Article about: hi i have recently found a pilots wings i need help! if you could give some background? time era? and general price range it would be most appreciated thanks!- nick k

Default newbi has a question! US wings

hi i have recently found a pilots wings i need help! if you could give some background? time era? and general price range it would be most appreciated thanks!- nick k
    Attached Images Attached Images newbi has a question! US wings 

Default Re: newbi has a question! #3hi

Quote by nkumburis View Post
    hi i have recently found a pilots wings i need help! if you could give some background? time era? and general price range it would be most appreciated thanks!- nick k
    Sorry not ww2 Post war.But would need more pictures to be sure.
    10$

Default Re: newbi has a question! #3

IT IS A AIR CREW MEMBER WING....CAN YOU POST A PHOTO OF THE REVERSE PIN ATTACHMENT???? DAVE H
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture newbi has a question! US wings   newbi has a question! US wings  

Default Re: newbi has a question! #3

ok thanks for the help. - nick k

?

They are WWII airmans wings. The sharp tip wings are mistakenly refered as Jaurez wings. However they were made in New Jersey not Mexico. There are fakes of them around as they are considered rare.
    Could you post a picture of the back please. That will tell the difference.
    Steve

Default Re: newbi has a question! US wings

sorry i havent bought it yet and i only took a pic of the front at the store for 40 dollars is it worth it? - nick k

Quote by nkumburis View Post
    sorry i havent bought it yet and i only took a pic of the front at the store for 40 dollars is it worth it? - nick k
    Nick,
    Originals should be pin back and most were marked "Coin Silver". If original $40 would be a fair price.
    Terry

All it says on the back is sterling - nick k

Quote by SteveR View Post
    They are WWII airmans wings. The sharp tip wings are mistakenly refered as Jaurez wings. However they were made in New Jersey not Mexico. There are fakes of them around as they are considered rare.
    Could you post a picture of the back please. That will tell the difference.
    Steve
    SteveR is correct - WWII 'Juarez' style - and there are fakes of this pattern. They can go for
    $100 and more if original, so $40 would be a deal if they are good.
    The backside should give us the answer !

I cannot see the photo well and it will not enlarge. Do you know, or can you tell
    if the pin is brass ? I have an Aircrew wing like this............
    Regards,

Steve.

An EXACT measurement from wing tip to wing tip is needed to know for sure if this is a period wing. The hardware is also an indicator. There is a fellow currently casting these and selling them on ebay but does not make them exactly to the original size. I believe his are 1/16 or 1/8 of an inch different in width to the originals. He uses period hardware, but it is fairly easy to detect his work by the back.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast