Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Newbie needing assistance to date and/or authenticate a 7th Army patch

Article about: Hi all, love this forum, have lurked off and on for years and finally joined today. Was hoping that someone could help me with this 7th army patch. It's embroidered, not felt at all with gol

Default Newbie needing assistance to date and/or authenticate a 7th Army patch

Hi all, love this forum, have lurked off and on for years and finally joined today. Was hoping that someone could help me with this 7th army patch. It's embroidered, not felt at all with gold wire bullion (I presume). Any idea if it's authentic and approximate age? All I have ever seen are insignias with blue felt prior to this one. TYIA for any assistance.

?

Default Re: Newbie needing assistance to date and/or authenticate a 7th Army patch

It is a theater bullion applied on a standard issue patch. Probably done in Italy. I have had similar patches from veterans from Italy. I also have an 8th airforce patch from England that has had bullion applied to a standard issue patch.

Default Re: Newbie needing assistance to date and/or authenticate a 7th Army patch

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I would agree with Steve's comments. Nice item.

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you so much for your responses and input. I'm new to patch collecting and my partner has started collecting some WWII era items but has stuck mostly with medals. Can someone educate me on why this is all embroidered? I guess I was under the impression that WWII US issued patches were partially made of felt or is that just WWI era? Again, I'm new to all this so pardon my ignorance. Thank you for any and all information.

US Felt made patches are, generally speaking, WW1 era. By WW2 they have moved to embroidered designs.

But some such as British made WW2 US examples can be felt construction.

Cheers, Ade.