Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread

Article about: Hi guys! I have decided to start collecting patches. I don't want anything too fancy, but I do want a complete set. "Complete" in my book is: Every infantry, airborne, and armored

Default Re: ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread

So no-go on the airborne engineers and the 94th? What looks bad about them? Just trying to learn...

?

I think that the patch is not WWII, I have never seen this type of black
    border WWII.
    border green or gray only.

I will get a better photo of it if that helps.

?

The 94th is from the 70s it is merrod edge not cut edge, the airborne is glue back. The glue on the back is modern done to hold the threads together

Quote by gel65 View Post
    The 94th is from the 70s it is merrod edge not cut edge, the airborne is glue back. The glue on the back is modern done to hold the threads together
    This is the pre-1942 version though. Is it a 70's-era reproduction of the pre-1942 94th division patch?

?

It is not cut edge I am not sure when the pattern was used. Merrowed edge was used in Vietnam and later cut edge is ww2-60s

I don't know about the repo stuff i only know the genuine patch brought back from my dad in 1946 when he was discharged from the hospital it is on uniform on my avatar. I have some other examples from him. He was a member of 94ID 301 infantry company I fought Saar Mossle triangle and was wounded on Lampaden Ridge near Zerf Germany when attacked by 6th SS mountain reg and 137 mountain inf 2nd Mountain Div. The patch you show was a early one before the 94 shown on my avatar I know it is WW2 from Dad that early patch I don't know the 94 was deactivated in 1946 and later on became a national Guard unit out of NY I think from their website the patch you show with the pilgram was the post war they used. So the 94 didn't issue patches as I have post war. Dad did pick up some 94 remakes from post war at the reunions if I can find one I will post it it is a little thinner and more gray The one on the uniform is WW2 and I have one from him that is WW2. timothy

Yea, the 94th is definitely postwar. It has a tail...

Anyway, here's a better shot of the 82nd Airborne patch. How does it look?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread   ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread  

?

94th. ended in Czech Republik, Strakonice city.:-)

?

82nd looks good to me

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast