Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread

Article about: Hi guys! I have decided to start collecting patches. I don't want anything too fancy, but I do want a complete set. "Complete" in my book is: Every infantry, airborne, and armored

41st Infantry Division, the 'Jungaleers'
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread   ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread  

?

You chose very well, nice patches.

?

The 41st is not ww2 in my opinion these patches with the AG border dark green color are mostly from the late 50s and the 60s

?

my friends coll.

I think the 41st was also known as the sunset division they were in pacific my uncle was with them in New Gueina that patch looks like the one he had on his uniform hanging on a hanger in grandma's old closet. As best I can remember. I think they were deactivated sometime in the 60's but like a lot of these WW2 units are still around today in some form as a NG or reserve unit. timothy

?

104th Division patch has the same color edge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread   ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread  

It does indeed.

I can't wait to get a 104th patch. It's one of my favorites. I've only got 26 infantry divisions to go.

104 timberwolves in ETO. I am not a patch collector just have seen ww2 ones on my family's dress jacket's that were hanging up in closets as a kid. Later on I did some research on the various units. It is a interesting and fabulous thing to do. I suspose collecting them is a lot of fun also. These patches often had nicknames such as Dad's 94 was known as Neuf Cats for the nine in it I guess Gi's had a way with humor and nicknames of things. I heard Uncle Marvin refer to your 41st as Sunset division and also as the other term Junglelees or something. timothy

Very interesting Lupus that patch has kind of the OD7 type border so many shoot down as post war I know this color thread was used on US items 43 and on. My dad has PX bought money belt in the OD 3(more Kakhi color) and Od7 material both. He purchased it in England in 44 sometime prior to the invaion. timothy

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast