Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread

Article about: Hi guys! I have decided to start collecting patches. I don't want anything too fancy, but I do want a complete set. "Complete" in my book is: Every infantry, airborne, and armored

Default Dad's 94th patch

Obkrieger I enjoy your patch thread even though I am not a US patch collector I like them here is one of dad' he brought home when he got out of the VA hospital in late 45 or early 46 he gave it to me before he died in 2000. I think the OD border Theory is out the window on WW 2 patches. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread   ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread  

Timothy, that patch is wonderful, and it's probably worth more than your entire collection. It's great that you have some of his militaria.

Here are today's arrivals: 104th ID 'Timberwolves', a nice greenback 77th ID, and 91st ID.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread   ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread  

ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread   ObKrieger's U.S. Patch Thread  

1st Army, 79th ID, and 96th ID.

Hi Mo ! - I've always wanted a 'complete' collection of all the US Infantry
    Division patches, but never got really serious - I do pick up a few now
    and again that catch my eye.

How are you going to store/display these, and are you going
    to collect Army Air Force patches as well.........?
    Regards,

Steve.

Send all of your air core ones this way and Ill send my extra infantry ones yours lol

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Hi Mo ! - I've always wanted a 'complete' collection of all the US Infantry
    Division patches, but never got really serious - I do pick up a few now
    and again that catch my eye.

How are you going to store/display these, and are you going
    to collect Army Air Force patches as well.........?
    I've only got two or three USAAF patches so far, but yes, I will eventually get the complete set.

Right now I am focusing on the infantry divisions, armies, service commands, and regional commands. As soon as I'm done with these, I am going to go for the armored and cavalry divisions. USAAF will come last.

I only have 9 more infantry divisions to go!

Thanks Obkrieger I remember seeing them on relatives coats in Grandma's upstairs closet I love to see them today. You are right that is a special patch to me. I had a great uncle that served in WW1 and I remember as a kid going to his house he had a uniform with a patch on it hanging in the closet. I can't remember for the like of me what it was I think 35th Div Dad always said that in WW1 in combat it probably didn't have it on there most of them were put on after the trenches. I never asked uncle Chester about it he was gassed in WW1 and was still coughing and spitting when I was a kid of 8 or so. Great thread BTW. timothy

New arrivals! 95th ID 'Iron Men of Metz', 93rd ID, 35th ID, 2nd Service Command, and 80th ID.

The 35th is the Infantry Division featured in the movie 'Kelly's Heroes'.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Yes it is Walkwolf I think this was the div my great uncle was in in WW1 mostely guys from midwest. All of the reserve units in Wichita, KS diplay the 35 Div insignia. Obkrieger my dad talked about the 95 always said they were next door on the Siegfried Line next to him also the old movie "Hell is for Heroes" with Bob Newhart and Steve McQueen was the 95th Div and showed their patch a lot in the movie. Rod Serling the old twighlight Zone series writer was in the 11th Airborne in the pacific I have read he based a lot of his episodes on nightmares he had while in the Pacific with the 11th. timothy

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast