Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pacific Star

Article about: Hi mate the medal you posted is fine I have no idea why the I is off like that but I just spent 5 mins comparing it with my originals (thanks for the good hi-res pic) and every detail that s

Default Pacific Star

I know these aren't as common as some of the other stars, and that there were copies made of different stars. My question is about the V I at the bottom. I'm not sure if it's my eyes, or if the I is off, it seems just a little below the V. Or could it be the angle of the camera? or do I just need glasses finally? Can I borrow your eyes for a sec please? Thank you

Pacific Star

Default Re: Pacific Star

G'day,
    Here's my Grandfathers to compare with,

Pacific Star

Pacific Star

The examples in Clive Johnsons "Australian Awarded" medal guide show the VI level along the top as per my pop's.
    I think it's a copy but may be incorrect.
    Plenty of them down here in Australia

Hope this helps a little.

All the best
    Dave

Thanks Dave, I was looking at some others on line, and like your dad's, the VI all line up. The patina on the one I showed kind of had me going, but the off-set I caught my eye, but things haven't been as clear lately, I really need to get them checked lol I think you're right though and that my pic is a copy, too bad the price was nice too hehe I do want to get a set of Aussie medals one day. I'm getting closer to finishing some other collections and then I'll start looking for those

Thanks again

Paul

4md
    ?

The VI does look off a little bit but I cant see a problem from these photos, here's one for comparison

regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pacific Star   Pacific Star  

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    I know these aren't as common as some of the other stars, and that there were copies made of different stars. My question is about the V I at the bottom. I'm not sure if it's my eyes, or if the I is off, it seems just a little below the V. Or could it be the angle of the camera? or do I just need glasses finally? Can I borrow your eyes for a sec please? Thank you

Pacific Star
    I have no problem with it, its a good one.

G'day again Paul,
    I still think it's a repo.
    Here is an example I found on an Aussie Web Site that is sold as a replica which also has the dropped I.

Pacific Star

And a link to the seller,
    Quarterdeck Medals & Militaria

All the best
    Dave

Hi pete,i personally find the front to be a little weak in it's "sharpness" to the design,that said the award does not look like an out and out repro,the reverse is always a great indicator on "our" british awards as the copy's often have light "pitting" on them! I hope that helps, Leon.

The example in Clive Johnsons "Australians Awarded" guide

Pacific StarPacific Star

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    G'day again Paul,
    Here is an example I found on an Aussie Web Site that is sold as a replica which also has the dropped I.

Pacific Star

All the best
    Dave
    That one is so bad it wouldnt fool anyone and it looks nothing like the one Stinkpotpete posted.

4md
    ?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    G'day again Paul,

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504517[/ATTACH

All the best
    Dave
    You may be right and cant find a good close up of a repro. I think the patina on this one is throwing me

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast