Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Pacific Star

Article about: Hi mate the medal you posted is fine I have no idea why the I is off like that but I just spent 5 mins comparing it with my originals (thanks for the good hi-res pic) and every detail that s

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Pacific Star

Hi mate the medal you posted is fine I have no idea why the I is off like that but I just spent 5 mins comparing it with my originals (thanks for the good hi-res pic) and every detail that should be on a good original is there... I think It maybe just a slight mistrike that happened when it was made.

Quote by SwePeter View Post
    That one is so bad it wouldnt fool anyone and it looks nothing like the one Stinkpotpete posted.
    It has the dropped I the same as Pete's. So there are definitely similarities between the two.
    This is what I was attempting to highlight.

Quote by AIF View Post
    Hi mate the medal you posted is fine I have no idea why the I is off like that but I just spent 5 mins comparing it with my originals (thanks for the good hi-res pic) and every detail that should be on a good original is there... I think It maybe just a slight mistrike that happened when it was made.
    I like your thoughts!! I have not owned one of these for a few years personally but I tend to agree with you(from my memory!)I would still like to see the reverse though to be sure. Leon.

AIF
    ?

I own several Pacific groups and have seen 100's of Pac stars over the years... Generally the only stars made to deceive are the ACE.
    The best way to tell a fake is in the details. If you take a look at the position of the letters C and F in the word pacific (one of the first give aways on fake stars) they are exactly where they should be also the details in the crown are perfect. If it is a fake apart from the dropped 'I' it is the best fake pacific star ever made

I would have no problems buying this star

AIF
    ?

I have sat here and looked and looked at that medal... I have a question for you did you take the photo yourself or is it from the seller?

If the later is the case I have a feeling It may be a trick of light on the eye and the 'I' isn't dropped at all... Have a closer look guys

...It's either that or my eyes are going bad too LOL

AIF
    ?

Nope It's definitely not dropped down... The top of the I lines up with the top of the V Its is just the flash that highlights the top that gives the illusion that the I is dropped down when It isn't

Whilst not the "Pacific Star" who here could pick the bottom example on the page as a reproduction ?
    ACE as Luke explained.

Pacific Star

It looks like a good one. Patina and all.

AIF
    ?

Yeah i could ...Like I said it is all in the lettering LOL

Quote by AIF View Post
    Nope It's definitely not dropped down... The top of the I lines up with the top of the V Its is just the flash that highlights the top that gives the illusion that the I is dropped down when It isn't
    I think your right Luke, The more I look the more it seems to be an optical illusion.

It seems I'm off the eye doctor next week lol It was the sellers pic, I never thought to study the back, I didn't know about the pitting, now I have to try and find it again oops

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast