Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Here is another badge inspired by the rising sun. My question on this badge is does it look right? It is die struck and darkened. I have had my doubts but wanted to hear from others
    thanks
    Jack

Speaking for my self ~ Jack ~

We reside in Tropical far North QLD ~ while it does get VERY hot ~ well~ for us 34 Deg C / < 105 F> is a heat wave we don't get the severe temperatures that many others in Australia suffer! But we have to contend with tropical humidity ~

Today looks like a pleasant 25 deg C ~ but humidity is around 85% ~ and the Sun is regardless scorching with our living so far north and much closer to the Equator ~

(BTW the highest temperature I have experienced ~ 53 C ~ central Australia ~ The Dead Heart ~ well unfair statement as it is not really "Dead" ~ the country side is very much alive in it's own way!)

Atherton Tablelands - Google Search
    https://www.google.com/search?q=Athe...w=1208&bih=793

Sweep, Looks quite nice, I would gladly take some of that heat. After being cold for so long it becomes hard to warm up, lot of long hot showers to thaw out.
    Best
    Jack

AIF
    ?

Quote by Kenworth View Post
    2nd AIF Felt Pennant
    I know its not real insignia and 1950's but I love it !
    Traded it in 1973 as a 10yo with my cousin for a flogged out Surfa Sam skateboard .
    I had a new Golden Breed Flexi fibreglass one with clear fat poly wheels !

Still I love it , because the moths never got to eat it , and I keep it in a Vacuum bag , so dont get to look at it often.
    Awesome Pennant mate!! And a font variation I still don't have in my collection yet... But i have to disagree with you about it being 1950's these were wartime made and a very popular souvenir. You will quite regularly see them with their unit colour patch sewn on as well.

I will post some of my collection up later when I get a chance.

Cheers Luke.

AIF
    ?

Quote by Kenworth View Post
    Here is a couple more I have , NFI what they are, ( And dont say Sniper ) , was gonna Goggle it lol , but im sure Dave or another member can tell me quicker
    I know Dave has already answered this but the qualification for the 'S' badge is 'Battery Surveyors' (RAA)

Cheers Luke

AIF
    ?

Quote by Jack Kelly View Post
    Here is another badge inspired by the rising sun. My question on this badge is does it look right? It is die struck and darkened. I have had my doubts but wanted to hear from others
    thanks
    Jack

Looks bad to me sorry mate

Thanks Luke, I had my doubts but wanted another opinion, off to the duff box.

Best
    Jack

AIF
    ?

I'd keep it as a gap filler until you get a replacement mate, they are a really nice badge... I generally only see them in White Metal finish though being as they were a Scottish unit

AIF
    ?

While not being insignia as such I thought I would show some of my examples of WW2 Australian Pennants... The first three are just generic AIF pennants one having had a 2/40th Battalion patch sewn to it, followed by a what I would call scarce AMF (Militia) pennant and also an Australian Womens Army Service (AWAS) Pennant
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

AIF
    ?

Next up is two pairs of AWAS & AIF Pennants the first two are made from felt the AIF one having had a patch added (I can't remember off the top of my head the unit but it is one of the 9th Division Infantry Brigade HQ's) The second pair are made of a rayon nylon type material which is very cheaply made and finally another felt 1943 dated AWAS Pennant
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Page 87 of 111 FirstFirst ... 37 77 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 97 ... LastLast