Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Great work Oz. Well done and congrats mate.

Here's the missing 1930-42 sector from the display stand. The 39th set was home when I took the file images.

Well done again Oz.

Cheers

Dave

Mail Call

First of the US orders came in this morning ~

Quite a mixed bag and I am sure one of two are out of the category ~ Photos not including the US or even the Soviet regalia which were part of the 4 lots I bought ~

( I wanted to bolster my modest US MD finds ~)

I aso said I was NOT going to buy British - Commonwealth stuff but what did I do yesterday ~Yep! Another job lot from a "Pawn broker" out of UK ~ including badges and buttons including more GS Commonwealth buttons! Good thing I not indebted TO ANY ONE ~ LOL

?

Nice score. Looks like the Artillery badge has the wheel that actually turns? These were only issued to officers I understand. I wonder what the origin of that is?

Oz.

Ubique

Cheers

You are correct ~ the wheel rotates !

That made my day as I did not realise the significance ~ (Guess I am on a learning curve regarding badges ! LOL)

As I under stand it the collection is part of a larger collection started by a gentleman around 1945 and he ceased in the 1990s . So I believe he has now contracted the mob to sell off the collection ~

One Rising Sun for example has a pin missing so I have no doubt that most if not all pieces are the real deal ~
    Last edited by AT P Sweep; 06-30-2014 at 03:12 PM.

Just received another purchase from an Australian vendor ~

I requested a history which she gladly supplied ~ Seems the small collection belonged to a friend of hers who had migrated from Scotland and since passed on. He was a member of the Sottish Military.

While there are a number of Commonwealth badges it is mostly a Scottish unit/s and includes an excellent battalion Beret with badge.

If anyone would like to see the (excellent) collection I will post ~ but as I said mostly Scottish units along with a few Commonwealth ~ and several non military badges , plus a large collection of Commonwealth general service buttons ~

I am well pleased with the purchase ~ at an exceptional price ~

Cheers

SS

About to head out for a Sunday afternoon Sweep .. See what treasures I can unearth ~

Well this week I have had some luck ~

First I MD another Rising Sun and this one is on exceptional condition as I found it in sandy soil ~

(This now makes 28 Rising Suns in the Locker now I think !

And this morning I received another one but I believe to be a WWI same badge ~ Superb !

( This bewty cost me the princely sum of .99 pence !)

I see on Ebay there is a Rising Sun with a Camel on it ~

?????????

WW1 THE Australian Commonwealth Military Forces Badge | eBay
    Last edited by AT P Sweep; 08-10-2014 at 07:05 AM.

?

Yes, the Camel Corps served in the Middle East during WWI alongside the Light Horse. Quite rare (and often forged).

Oz.

Ubique

Cheers mate

It is an amazing journey if one browses EBay on a Rainy afternoon ~ LOL

?

The browsing can be quite educational, after you sort the fact from the fiction. Some of the prices, both asked for and achieved, are amazing. One day I will clear out my attic.

Oz.

Page 94 of 111 FirstFirst ... 44 84 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 104 ... LastLast