Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1104

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

I don't believe it to be an Australian military patch sorry mate. An old tourist badge possibly if the WA refers to Western Australia. It has a USA designed look about it but I may be off the mark with that.
    Cheers
    Dave

B36
    ?

Thank you for your reply. My father was a veteran of WWII and passed away in in 1984. He arrived in Sydney Australia in the Fall of 1942. He spent some time at Camp Warwick before volunteering for the 62nd Quartermaster pack troop. The 167th Artillery Battalion (41st Infantry Division) became a horse drawn, pack outfit in January 1943. He spent 1943 in Townsville and in November it was decided horses were unsuitable for service in New Guinea. He was in New Guinea in 1944 and the Philippines 1945 and returned home November 1945. He only had good things to say about his time in Australia. The only souvenirs he brought home was this patch, an Australian match safe, coins from Australia and the Philippines and some Japanese paper currency. Is there any chance it could be a women's auxiliary or something like that? Thanks again.

?

Not seen that one before. That sort of shield shape I would associate with American authorities, for example the Route road signs like Route 66.

Oz.

I don't think I showed this rising sun before, a Great War example on a slider which means it is British made. It has no makers mark which is not uncommon for this exact makers version as it is is shown in Cossum's books.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Jerry

VERY~ nice `

I have to date recovered fiftythree Yes ~ 53 ~ Rising Suns ~ all WWII ~ and I have never dug one with a manufacturer's mark !!

Cheers
    Stuart SS

Quote by AT P Sweep View Post
    Jerry

VERY~ nice `

I have to date recovered fiftythree Yes ~ 53 ~ Rising Suns ~ all WWII ~ and I have never dug one with a manufacturer's mark !!

Cheers
    Stuart SS
    Very interesting Stuart, I always assumed that many if not most were maker marked.

I don't have many risings suns and I have a lugged example and a collar both by Stokes of Melbourne plus another collar of British make, again like the slidered version, Great war period and unmarked.
    Regards,

Jerry

Jerry

Maybe I am not looking close enough (?)

But in short and to the point these are 100% original WWII service relics dug in a huge AIF military presence ~

Any inspection welcome !

( I shall take my magnifying glass and check a few ~ Perhaps knowing members might like to even point out exactly where these marks might be if not so obvious ~ )

PS I just did some random close up inspections and I do not see any manufacturer's mark !!

That's intriguing.. ~

( If I check the AMF buttons I think every single one I have has manufacturer's marks or print ! AND I have < 50 +> of those by far!)

Be interested in the feed back !!

Stuart, I am not doubting you, just its not what I had assumed was the case, but you are in a much better position than me to comment on this matter.

That said, the markings can be quite hard to see even on a good condition badge so I can imagine them being hard to see on a dug up example.

Here are my two maker marked examples, one cap and one collar, both by the same maker. The markings are arrayed around the crown on the back.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry

Well!~

I have to admit I have never really looked that closely at most ~ and the vast majority have no sign of such marks remaining ~

Your feedback/ comments which are somewhat of a revelation ~ ( I knew of the marks but had not seen them to date ~ )

I guess ~ well ~ I know now that after being 'lost' for < 70 years > there has to be some damage ~ and I can assure you I do have some examples which have not fared so well ~

Even my best ever collar badge has no sign of said marks ~ I have purchased one WWI collar or cap badge but it too is lacking any marks!

( Maybe I was 'taken ' on that purchase ! LOL)

Thanks for your feedback ~

I have another collar from WWI and that has no markings on it, they don't all have it, it is just I assumed -probably incorrectly- that many if not most had a makers mark on the back.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 104 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 54 94 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... LastLast