Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 39 of 111 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Default Re: Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

That's what I thought to Luke. It's on the wrong sleeve and should have been a trades badge. Yep I picked it up like this.

Some tactical vest panels and webbing, Desert Cam uniform pieces, British made MKII tankers lid shell with the Red Crescent insignia, Blue bottle with leather carrier, A modern Sigs slouch that's around the wrong way, the WW2 Visor and RAF side cap. There are a couple of kit bags behind the tunic. All this kit needs a reorg. but time is a factor. If I don't have stocktake on Friday night I'll pop down and take some better images.
    The lid and side cap are mine.

AIF
    ?

All good mate, that is one good thing about this hobby you learn new things all the time

Is there any ghosting or stitch marks above the left top pocket where a brevet may have once been?

No mate no stitch marks or ghosting.

AIF
    ?

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    That's what I thought to Luke. It's on the wrong sleeve and should have been a trades badge. Yep I picked it up like this.

Some tactical vest panels and webbing, Desert Cam uniform pieces, British made MKII tankers lid shell with the Red Crescent insignia, Blue bottle with leather carrier, A modern Sigs slouch that's around the wrong way, the WW2 Visor and RAF side cap. There are a couple of kit bags behind the tunic. All this kit needs a reorg. but time is a factor. If I don't have stocktake on Friday night I'll pop down and take some better images.
    The lid and side cap are mine.
    Awesome thanks mate I would love to see some more pics! Is the modern stuff yours as well?

Maybe that tunic was stripped when the previous owner got it and has replaced the insignia the way they thought it should be, as the buttons look like a pretty mismatched set as well... My named officers summer tunic was also stripped when I got it and I had to replace the insignia.

- - Updated - -

No mate no stitch marks or ghosting.
    HAHA sorry that question was for Rene LOL

The modern gear is owned by Josh Nichols. He served in Iraq as a Infantry section commander and suffers from PTSD poor Josh.

The insignia is all minty on the tunic. (These were the collars I was going to have a look at for you) but some of the buttons are worn and lost their black. I've always thought this garment to me made up.

These are the only other images I have of it at the moment mate.

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

It was an impulse buy. But I still like it.
    Last edited by Thanatos; 05-07-2013 at 10:22 PM.

Quote by AIF View Post
    All good mate, that is one good thing about this hobby you learn new things all the time

Is there any ghosting or stitch marks above the left top pocket where a brevet may have once been?
    No Luke not on this one

The modern gear is owned by Josh Nichols. He served in Iraq as a section commander and suffers from PTSD poor Josh.

The insignia is all minty on the tunic. (These were the collars I was going to have a look at for you) but some of the buttons are worn and lost their black. I've always thought this garment to me made up.

These are the only other images I have of it at the moment mate.

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

It was an impulse buy. But I still like it.
    I could be wrong but isn't the jacket a OR drill one

AIF
    ?

Yeah mate they are a nice looking tunic though, It is a shame they scraped them early on in the war because I think they look rather stylish... They are basically the same tunics that were worn by Aussies in the Boer war.

I will sling you a nice matching set of buttons to whack on the front of it too

AIF
    ?

Yeah Rene they are an early war summer dress tunic mainly worn by militia but also worn by the AIF. They would be worn by OR's and WO's

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    No Luke not on this one
    Hehehhehe I missed your post Rene. Sorry mate.

That's a nice tunic fella.

Page 39 of 111 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 49 89 ... LastLast