MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 41 of 111 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Default Re: Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

That's a very good idea Rene, worth asking.

I think the concept is a great one fellas. I've seen the Kiwi forum and support their endeavors the hilt even though I am not an active member, this is the only forum I actively engage in but if an all Aussie one was to start I would be in for sure.
    My problem is I lack in computer know how and have very little idea even where to start but I love the idea.
    Food for thought but.

Well worth asking Rene

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Well worth asking Rene
    I quickly asked a Moderator

I brought this little baby home to image it again for my files.
    Double maker marked WW1 TipTaft.

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Off topic a tad but I though it was worth posting.

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    I quickly asked a Moderator
    Good on ya Rene

AIF
    ?

Nice rising sun mate! I have an identical one in brass my Great Grandfather wore in France during WW1

Quote by AIF View Post
    Nice rising sun mate! I have an identical one in brass my Great Grandfather wore in France during WW1
    Magnificent mate, What a magic family heirloom to look after for your generation.

I have had one of the most blessed experiences of my life over the last few hours. I have been privileged to have sat and spoken with Athol Sylvester Geale the only surviving Tasmanian born member of the 39th Battalion alone for the last two hours. Athol was in B Company (Before his death this was Cpt Sam Templetons Company) and his experience's on the track he was prepared to share with me. I'm just blown away fellas, dumbfounded.

I think I need to let this settle in my mind, I'm a tad overwhelmed at present if you know what I mean and don't know what to say or where to start.
    But I had to let you blokes know as my partner simply doesn't understand the meaning of it all.She just doesn't get it.
    Sorry guy's I have to let this all sink in.

Its an awesome experience to be that close to a person of history of this gents calibre. Overwhelming is the best possible description anyone could have to meet a Vet of that time. Some significant others will never know and understand the magnitude of history..as only a certain few are chosen to collect and uphold it. Those who are chosen are the very ones who will enjoy the opportunity when it arises of actually meeting someone of the past. Awesome experience Thanatos,, glad it happened to you. This will never go away nor will it be forgotten. I had the pleasure of meeting an SS tech Sgt when I was 15 yrs old,, and come to find out recently that he was a camp guard at Auschwitz after he passed away.....although gentle in manner and soft spoken,,back then as i showed him my model collection...it sent a chill down my spine to find out his true identity.
    In short that sensation will always be with you. Looking forward to the details after it all settles in to your mind and after a few beers. Congrats on a pleasant experience. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 41 of 111 FirstFirst ... 31 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 51 91 ... LastLast