Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 48 of 111 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Default Re: Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Cheers Luke.
    How's things mate.
    Out of interest fella's I picked up this little 1944 publication a few weeks ago,

The Australian Army at War 1939-1944
    Foreworded by Blamey

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

It is somewhat censored but has some excellent images and information with-in it's covers.

9th Divi Tobruk

7th Divi Syria

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

2/2 Independent Company Portuguese Timor 1942

Darwin 1942

SW Pacific

and this ripper of 9 Divi on parade after the El Alamein battles 1942

Hope you all enjoy.
    Cheers gents
    Dave

Maker marked Sheridan of Perth GS hat badge,

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Unfortunately someone has attempted to clean this up with rather poor results. I may have to attempt to finish the job on the reverse as it's my only MM Sheridan. What do you blokes use to clean up such items ? It may be a first war example being copper.

Later fella's

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    Cheers Luke.
    How's things mate.
    Out of interest fella's I picked up this little 1944 publication a few weeks ago,

The Australian Army at War 1939-1944
    Foreworded by Blamey

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

It is somewhat censored but has some excellent images and information with-in it's covers.

9th Divi Tobruk

7th Divi Syria

2/2 Independent Company Portuguese Timor 1942

Darwin 1942

SW Pacific

and this ripper of 9 Divi on parade after the El Alamein battles 1942

Hope you all enjoy.
    Cheers gents
    Dave
    These are great images Dave! I actually have a book called "All the Bulls Men" about the 2/2 commando, I had it autographed by one of the blokes who were in the unit - in fact I picked the book up from his house! He is a fascinating old bloke, it's just an honour to meet men of that calibre.

This is the book on the 2/2, it's a great book with some terrific photos. Sorry to hijack the thread gents, I'll let it get back to it's original topic now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

G'day Dave,
    Your right mate post as you please, it's no worries. I'll keep an eye out as it looks like a good read. I do like the connection with the ex member to your copy, a special item to be treasured for sure. Good on ya .
    Here's another half decent read re 2/2nd on Timor.

The footy is a bit painful at present hey Dave. We have some severe defensive problems when we are under the pump and it's costing us big time. I keep thinking of the old Jason Mcartney indiscriminate punt out of defence to anywhere but on a team level.
    Anyway GO THE MIGHTY ROO'S.

Another 'Legs Eleven' 11th Battalion badge and a post war 28th Btn Swan Regt (Queen's Crown) example. Picked them up Sunday at the WAAAS swapmeet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

G'day Fella's,
    Had a rough week last week sorry gents but I will catch up some post's later on. The full 39th set and some others.
    Did any of us pick up the Sun Colour Patch guide Luke mentioned? It went for $46.00 I think.
    A couple of nice one's there Lithgow, Cheers mate.
    All the best
    Dave

G'day Fella's
    The complete 39th Battalion set

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

They now take pride of place in my 30-42 Militia era insignia collection for sure.
    I will post some more pieces later today men as I have my little one staying over this week-end.

Later all
    Dave

Very Nice Dave ~

I am on a mission now with my MD'ing ~ to find a nice original badge/s ~ best to date is three separate Australian Military Forces standard tunic buttons ~

~ BUT THEY WILL come ~

( Our current WWII site is in the Bush and not under water as previous ~ and being a much drier environment overall ~ the odds improve by the day ~ )

Quote by Thanatos View Post
    G'day Fella's
    The complete 39th Battalion set

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

They now take pride of place in my 30-42 Militia era insignia collection for sure.
    I will post some more pieces later today men as I have my little one staying over this week-end.

Later all
    Dave
    Bloody Lovely Dave! these are local to my area

Page 48 of 111 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 58 98 ... LastLast