Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Default Re: Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Thanks ATP, would love to get out with you on an MD safari. Maybe some day if me and my little dove "wife" get down under. Got to stay away from the stinger bush though, sound's like one nasty little bit of flora. thanks for the link also.

Best
    jack

LOL

No worries Bloke ~ my pleasure ~

After all, you blokes on site are the collectors ~ I am the field Archeologist ~ I have lost count of the Blokes that are keen to come visit ~

That's why I informally call business ~ 'Far North Queensland Metal Detecting and Recovery ' ~ lol

We could spend a week just touring the various sites ~ let alone swing a MD ~ After all this where the God's retire to !

(There are some 66 sites alone on the Northern Tablelands which the Dept of Defence regard as varying degrees from extreme to low, regarding UXO ~ And that does not include all the camp sites ~ )

Quote by Jack Kelly View Post
    A couple of metal badges. The silver rising sun from what I gather could be Nursing or possibly Armor. The other I have marked as the Sydney University Scouts, being a collar or shoulder piece?? Are these WW2 era? Do I have them Id'd correctly?

thanks
    Jack

G'day Jack,
    Your 1903-1912 Sydney University Scouts collar insignia appears good to me. I crossed referenced it via the AWM site and it compares well. A nice insignia mate.
    Nurses GS badges were made of silver whilst Armour were made from nickled brass. The lugs/pins are also a good indicator of branch of service, Nurses badges were usually a pin back whilst Armour were the standard lugs like your example.

Here's a rather rare critter,
    Unfortunately this one is not in my collection

Australian Army Nursing Corps 1944-45 "Nurses Training" GS hat badge.

Hope this helps Jack.
    Cheers mate
    Dave

G'day Fellas

A couple more RAAF related items,

Unissued RAAF Medical collar insignia,

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

A Luke made RAAF Sleeve insignia. Poor lugless little thing.

And back on Terra Firma a pre 42 Engineering Corps hat badge,

I will post some Trade and Qualification badges later this week.

Have a good one gents

Hello Dave, thanks for the information. Nice looking nursing training badge. I appreciate you taking the time to look into the Sydney Scout piece also.

Best
    Jack

Dave, Nice badges. You would not know the RAAF badge was lug deficient viewed from the front.. I know condition is important but with some pieces I guess you just take what you get. thanks for Pics Jack

That's no worries mate my pleasure hey.
    I'm only touching base here every few days so apologies for the time frame in getting back to you Jack.
    The sleeve eagle came in a small lot but I like it lugs or not.

Cheers mate

Quote by AIF View Post
    Yep and $300 is far too much for a book... They have been trying to sell that copy for a long time and no takers? ...I wonder why? LOL

Anyway fellas the patches will have to wait until tommorow so I can take some pics in the natural light as the flash is making the pictures I just took come out looking pretty crappy.

So instead for tonight I will post some Australian Army trade badges... Unless there is any objections?
    I happen to know that reference book sold rather quickly Several copies in fact sold for that price.

Chaps,

Here's a colour patch not seen very often.

1st Australian Amphibious Armoured Squadron

It was formed in August 1944 and served until the end of the war in September, 1945.

Possibly one of the rarest of the Australian colour patches of World War II. Only a tiny number were manufactured for the unit but they were never approved or issued.

Mick

Gday Slickmick,
    Good to see you here mate,I keep an eye on British Badge forum and have noticed your posts over there.
    Welcome to the thread and most of all the forum in general.
    Your future contributions to this thread will be most appreciated.

Have a good one and all the best
    Dave

Page 54 of 111 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 64 104 ... LastLast