Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 66 of 111 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

I probably said it before.. but you blokes deserve awards for the dedication and the passion required to put these collections together ~

(As a matter of interest ~ tomorrow a work mate has just taken delivery of his new Minelab and the two of us are heading into what I believe is fresh virgin territory on private property ~ a WWII site ! He was told there was some 24000 Diggers went through the site form 1942 to 1946!
    Hoping for lots of badges and medallions, Plus ! Fingers and toes crossed ! The key is located on private property @ )

Just a pity the cloth tags did not generally survive the time span @

But my badge and embossed tunic button collection has expanded even further since i put up the photo on my Blog @ )

?

Go Sweeps! Find us a Q store hoard.
    Wish I was up there with the Garrett Ace.

Oz

Go Sweeps! Find us a Q store hoard.
    Cheers Mate ~

It has been suggested that our opportunities up here, are so prolific up here on the Tablelands that I / we should be doing MD tours of WWII sites plus the Ghost towns and the Gold fields !

You never what may unfold eh ! LOL

Sweeps, sound like great fun and adventure. Hope you hit the mother lode of badges.

Best
    Jack

4md
    ?

Quote by Jack Kelly View Post
    Sweeps, sound like great fun and adventure. Hope you hit the mother lode of badges.

Best
    Jack
    Or a bunker full of bren guns and lee enfields

Here is a qualification badge that was Id'd as Qualified Instructor Armoured. It has holes for sewing it to a uniform or possibly a brassard. Hope the Id sounds right to everyone. Assuming this may be post WW2. As always comments and corrections always welcome. Best Jack

Okay Blokes ~ finally got to posting the update on the 9th Div site at Herberton ~

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/battl...-8/#post968005

G'day Gents,
    A recent pick up
    12th Infantry Regiment "Launceston Regiment" 1900-1912

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

This would have been my "local" Militia unit as Launceston is 50km south of my home town.
    It's missing one lug but I am still a happy camper.

Here's an interesting GS hat badge. I have not seen this lug/attachment before.

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

My first thought was "sweetheart" pin but the "brasso" on the reverse tends to counter this assumption I feel. Has anyone out there seen a similar arrangement?
    It came out of the UK and could possibly be a WW1 British made example but I'm not certain. Any other idea's gents.

Your QI trade badge may not be Armoured Jack as trade badges were produced in oxidized/brass, gold and silver finishes in most formats I believe (please correct me if I'm wrong on this).
    It's a nice Trades / Qualification badge for sure. Cool banana's mate.

Later fella's
    Dave
    Last edited by Thanatos; 09-07-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: added text

?

Maybe a genuine hat badge that has been converted to sweetheart with brooch fittings? This happened to a lot of hat badges. Unusual to see a non-voided crown. Wonder if there is evidence of lugs under the brooch solder? Just my thoughts.

Oz

Quote by Ubique View Post
    Maybe a genuine hat badge that has been converted to sweetheart with brooch fittings? This happened to a lot of hat badges. Unusual to see a non-voided crown. Wonder if there is evidence of lugs under the brooch solder? Just my thoughts.

Oz
    G'day Oz
    I can't see any remains or marks on the reverse where lugs may have been removed. On most of my GS hat badges the "standard" lugs would have been located just in front of where the solder/clip are on this example and it appears unmarked in that area (the high points on the rays seem untouched).
    I first thought "sweetheart" for sure but the amount of caked on "Brasso" makes me wonder. It was once polished regularly by the looks of the build up as well the lack of any visible old lug marks .
    The non voided crown tends to make me lean towards WW1 and possible UK manufacture but as we know I can't be for certain on that.
    It's an interesting little critter.

Cheers Oz
    Dave

Page 66 of 111 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 ... LastLast