Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 71 of 111 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 ... LastLast

Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.

Article about: RAAF Pilot Officer Epaulettes. *Make a Mental Note in your Brain about what I said in last post *

Hat badge of the 2nd Armoured Car Regiment. In May, 1942 it become the 2nd Army Tank Battalion.

Worn during 1930s up to 1942.

Mick
    Attached Images Attached Images Post your WW2 Australian Insignia. 

That's a nice one Mick.
    Congrats mate
    Dave

Quote by slickmick View Post
    Gents,

Is anyone able to ID these colour patches for me?

Mick
    Did the 3rd Corps Field Cash Office transfer over to the AIF from the Militia post 43' ?
    May explain the grey backing.

2nd Armoured Car Regiment collar badges.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Very nice set of collars. Is either the cap or collars maker marked?
    Jack

I think the hat badge is KG Luke - not sure on collars. They belong to a mate of mine.

Mick

Gents,

I'm considering selling my 1st Light Horse Commanding Officer Patrol blues uniform (LTCOL Pye - Twice CO) to fund an expensive badge purchase.

If anyone is interested, I can provide pics and more info - please send a PM.

Note: the spots are due to the camera lens and aren't on the uniform.

Mick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

Hi Everybody

Just wondering if this 2/28th patch is original or not - I just picked it up! You're online expertise would be appreciated as I wouldn't know if the stitching or quality is correct!

Cheers

Mat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.   Post your WW2 Australian Insignia.  

From the photo it look's OK. Interesting how the stitching for all 3 pieces show on back. I would have to look on mine but it seems that the inner black T was sewn to the red backing first and then the red stitched down to the grey backing, eliminating the third inner set of stitching from showing on back. This is very long winded comment and likely does not make any difference as to this piece. Can only imagine how mind numbing sewing all of these formation signs must have been for the seamstresses involved and likely much variation.

Best
    jack

Hi Jack
    Thanks for that - I was told it was original but how many times have you seen that debunked online?!
    Thought I would check - it's going onto an Aussie tunic regardless
    Cheers
    Mat

Page 71 of 111 FirstFirst ... 21 61 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 81 ... LastLast