Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

RA searchlight battery souvenir 1939-45

Article about: I was not sure if this is the right section for this type of item. Bought it today, and it is maker marked in Germany so probably made shortly after the end of the war in occupied Germany in

Default RA searchlight battery souvenir 1939-45

I was not sure if this is the right section for this type of item. Bought it today, and it is maker marked in Germany so probably made shortly after the end of the war in occupied Germany in Meinerzhagen, by Otto Fuchs.

Commemorating the service of 7 searchlight battery RA, 1 searchlight regiment RA and listing service in Great Britain, Holland, Belgium, France & Germany.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RA searchlight battery souvenir 1939-45  
    Attached Images Attached Images RA searchlight battery souvenir 1939-45  RA searchlight battery souvenir 1939-45 
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Default Re: RA searchlight battery souvenir 1939-45

Hi Jerry, I like this kind of thing and that is a good example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

An interesting history of one mans war with a searchlight battery. He also was with 1st searchlight regiment RA.

BBC - WW2 People's War - War Memoirs - Searchlights
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice find. I was tempted by that myself.

?

I have a square one by the same maker, with a matchbox holder bolted to the back to the same regiment, but in this case to the 2nd Searchlight Battery instead of the 7th.

I'll get some snaps when I find my camera.