Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

RAF Sweetheart broach

Article about: Hi Guys, picked this one up yesterday. The RAF Pilots wing in the form of the sweetheart broach is perhaps one of the most common designs of sweetheart of the war. They can be found in vario

Default RAF Sweetheart broach

Hi Guys, picked this one up yesterday.

The RAF Pilots wing in the form of the sweetheart broach is perhaps one of the most common designs of sweetheart of the war. They can be found in various qualities depending on how much one wanted to spend. They can be found in solid gold, solid silver, sometimes with coloured enamells or in plain white metal.

This example is one of the later, with a chrome plate finish with a slightly contrasting white metal "RAF" in the centre.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RAF Sweetheart broach   RAF Sweetheart broach  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

jwp
    ?

nice pick up Ade, I have one similar but the centre and crown are in red and blue enamel,
    cheers, John.

Really nice wings Ade. Looks to be of decent quality.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the comments guys.

As I bought a large amount of items this week, i have had to sell some in order to keep a few bits for myself.

These wings are now on their way to a lady who was a WAAF in the war for her to wear.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!