Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

RM WW1 Collar Badge

Article about: Ok, I know what it is, but is it a real one? It came in with a load of other stuff, and as always I have a niggle as to whether it's period or not. I have no idea on British badges, or anyth

Default RM WW1 Collar Badge

Ok, I know what it is, but is it a real one?

It came in with a load of other stuff, and as always I have a niggle as to whether it's period or not.

I have no idea on British badges, or anything else come to that

Any ideas please guys
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RM WW1 Collar Badge   RM WW1 Collar Badge  

RM WW1 Collar Badge  

If it is any help to you, collars are not often faked. It looks fine, but I could not give you a 100% firm opinion on this, as it is outside my area.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thanks Jerry, that's always nice to know. About everything you get now seems to be faked one way or another, I guess it won't be long before they start copying these. They are creeping up in value, as people desert 3rd Reich stuff to collect a more "safer" area

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Thanks Jerry, that's always nice to know. About everything you get now seems to be faked one way or another, I guess it won't be long before they start copying these. They are creeping up in value, as people desert 3rd Reich stuff to collect a more "safer" area
    Indeed john. Collars so far have in the main escaped the fakers, but it will increase, especially the more desirable examples. As you mention, some collars are quite pricey already and matching pairs can be compared to what they used to bring be up there, but still way short of what even the commonest and most mundane TR German item costs.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.