Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Royal Artillery Pennant?

Article about: I picked this up today in the same antiques place as the BD trousers I bought the other day. It looks to have been used and to have some age to it and the patches look to be original printed

Default Royal Artillery Pennant?

I picked this up today in the same antiques place as the BD trousers I bought the other day. It looks to have been used and to have some age to it and the patches look to be original printed examples, though it does look slightly home (field) made.

Any thought's on it would, as always, be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Artillery Pennant?   Royal Artillery Pennant?  

Royal Artillery Pennant?   Royal Artillery Pennant?  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

mpw
    ?

Default Re: Royal Artillery Pennant?

Here is a more modern version of the Royal Artillery Yacht club. I can see a similarity so perhaps yours is a earlier version?

Mark.

Royal Artillery Pennant?

I think it is for a FOO or company commander, and is a WII period vehicle pennant, as the printed economy badges date to that period. The blue triangular pennant was used by the RA and I assume that the yacht pennant reflects that. I found an example on another forum that was like mine, except it appeared to have the RA badge embroidered directly to it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Artillery Pennant?  
    Regards,

Jerry

A poster on another forum has commented that;

"At one time in the western desert the FOOs of a Bty were distinguished by one two or three pennants on their wireless aerial."
    Regards,

Jerry

Interesting item Jerry :

Seeing as you specifically asked me for my thoughts on this... I don't really know for sure either. It looks to me like a vehicle pennant, and a blue vehicle pennant or armband would normally indicate a Brigade-level staff officer, although there isn't usually an artillery position per se in a Brigade HQ...

Rob

Thanks Rob for adding your thoughts here and in PM following my request to you, greatly appreciated.
    Regards,

Jerry

I found this example for sale, the official version of the one I have I would assume.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Royal Artillery Pennant?   Royal Artillery Pennant?  

Regards,

Jerry